Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

Thank you everything you have explained to me has been very helpful! Its just starting to get on my last nerve. I spent over 14 hrs on it sat.

Tractor
    Case/IH DX33

Happy to help with whatever I can. I've got a big project on my own tractor going. Dealer says I'll probably need to split the tractor and the total job is usually around 13-16 hours for the dealer techs.....

I worked as an automotive mechanic for a number of years......but this is still going to be a long one
    The forums are a great place to find information....but also a great place to find speculation. Only you can determine the real problems with your tractor. We're here to help you find the correct way to do it.

Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

I wish you the best of luck! What type of tractor are you splitting? And what for?

Tractor
    Case/IH DX33

DX33. If you look for the thread "shrapnel in gear case" you'll find what I've got going on
    The forums are a great place to find information....but also a great place to find speculation. Only you can determine the real problems with your tractor. We're here to help you find the correct way to do it.

Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

Still no luck I have checked everything and chased every wire! Done great for almost 20 hours then it died on me twice in less than a min. Used it for three hours after that and not a problem? After it dies its takes a min or so to get power back to the fuel shut off solenoid. Could a relay cause this? Frustrated and confused!

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS

Quote Originally Posted by farmall 55a case View Post
    Still no luck I have checked everything and chased every wire! Done great for almost 20 hours then it died on me twice in less than a min. Used it for three hours after that and not a problem? After it dies its takes a min or so to get power back to the fuel shut off solenoid. Could a relay cause this? Frustrated and confused!
    What are you doing when it dies?
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

Just driving it! It acts like I just reached down and turned the key off! No puttering out or any warning at all! It has even died on me wile it sitting there idling!

Tractor
    Case/IH DX33

Unfortunately, intermittant problems really are tough to chase. I would start by seeing if power is vetting interrupted to the fuel cut off. Maybe wire in a light?

Tractor
    International 786

Does it quit only when you are driving or will it shut down when in neutral not moving, why I ask is I have found that the operator presence switch can be a problem sometimes on rough ground.

Tractor
    case ih farmall 55a

It will shut off if its in neutral also? It is very random it will run 10 hours plus and not die then some times it will die 3 or 4 times in a row in less than five minutes then run fine the next ten hours! Could a diode cause this? I've tested all my relays checked all my safety switches and traced all my wiring and have still yet to find the problem?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast