FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS
Thank you everything you have explained to me has been very helpful! Its just starting to get on my last nerve. I spent over 14 hrs on it sat.

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS #12  
Happy to help with whatever I can. I've got a big project on my own tractor going. Dealer says I'll probably need to split the tractor and the total job is usually around 13-16 hours for the dealer techs.....

I worked as an automotive mechanic for a number of years......but this is still going to be a long one

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS
I wish you the best of luck! What type of tractor are you splitting? And what for?

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS #14  
DX33. If you look for the thread "shrapnel in gear case" you'll find what I've got going on

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS
Still no luck I have checked everything and chased every wire! Done great for almost 20 hours then it died on me twice in less than a min. Used it for three hours after that and not a problem? After it dies its takes a min or so to get power back to the fuel shut off solenoid. Could a relay cause this? Frustrated and confused! :(

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS #16  
Still no luck I have checked everything and chased every wire! Done great for almost 20 hours then it died on me twice in less than a min. Used it for three hours after that and not a problem? After it dies its takes a min or so to get power back to the fuel shut off solenoid. Could a relay cause this? Frustrated and confused! :(

What are you doing when it dies?

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS
Just driving it! It acts like I just reached down and turned the key off! No puttering out or any warning at all! It has even died on me wile it sitting there idling!

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS #18  
Unfortunately, intermittant problems really are tough to chase. I would start by seeing if power is vetting interrupted to the fuel cut off. Maybe wire in a light?

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS #19  
Does it quit only when you are driving or will it shut down when in neutral not moving, why I ask is I have found that the operator presence switch can be a problem sometimes on rough ground.

/ FARMALL 55A PROBLEMS
It will shut off if its in neutral also? It is very random it will run 10 hours plus and not die then some times it will die 3 or 4 times in a row in less than five minutes then run fine the next ten hours! Could a diode cause this? I've tested all my relays checked all my safety switches and traced all my wiring and have still yet to find the problem?