970 Case

/ 970 Case
Yeah. A 8000 is a little bigger than I'd like but for the right price I'd consider one. I would love to have a 7700 that is in good shape with air.

/ 970 Case
I'm actually looking at a Case IH 685 with a new Bush Hog loader, bucket, and spear. I also have found a Ford 7610 with a cab. Does anyone have input on either one of these?

/ 970 Case #33  
Teaspoon all of these old tractors last a long time working hard.

Due to their age and unknown service/repair history no one can really offer any helpful input I expect. My approach to old iron is if the engine, transmission and lift system are functional I will give them a shot. Functional does not mean in new like condition but will they start run do the required job then stop. :)

Why good steering and brakes are required a working AC would be optional. I have found it makes more sense to by newer stuff if I want working bells and whistles. Replacing starters, alternators, radiators, water pumps, lift pumps are expected repairs but not injector pumps, heads, etc.

My brother did rebuild his big old Case IH engine and the parts was about $2500 I think but after that he could not get off the starter before it was running. His rings were broken up. He did not pull the crank but had a guy mic it still installed and it was OK.

/ 970 Case
I understand nobody can offer input on these particular tractors but I mean these tractors as a whole. In other words, what's people's experience with them? I agree that a working AC would be a plus but since I'm gonna be the one to buy it I'm going to get what I want while I'm buying!

/ 970 Case #35  
I have a 970 Case and I,m thinking of putting a rear mount snowblower on it. You mentioned not running the pto while power shift is in reverse when stationary. What about running the pto while driving in reverse like you would have to to blow snow? Would it still have the damaging effect?

Thanks
Todd