Case970 won't move any gear or power shift Clutch pedal no resistance no Diesel lurch

/ Case970 won't move any gear or power shift Clutch pedal no resistance no Diesel lurch #1  

speckpw

Tractor
Case 1370 & 970, 2 Detroit Diesel 97 hp Slope Mowers, John Deere: LA140, GT235, 275, 288, Honda 4120
Case 970 with Power Shift. Ran fine, good pwr, good motion (fwd/backward), backed and detached scrape blade from 3pt hitch. Started diesel ran great, had pwr steering, pwr brakes, lift arms hydraulics, pto engages & turns great. Put it in gear and released clutch, no motion foreward or backward, any gear or Pwr shft, just sits motionless regardless of engine rpm. No drive to the wheels. When clutch/inching pedal is depressed it has little resistance and diesel does not lurch. Diesel should lurch normally when clutch is depressed. Read other forums that suggested stopped up hydraulic filters would cause like symptom. I repaced the hyd filters 10 hrs ago, so that is doubtfull. Other discussions suggest it may be the Torque Limiter which requires splitting the tractor and replacing it. Cost $200 range for Torque Limiter plus intensive labor to split. Anyone have experience or knowledge of like symptoms? Any suggestions of things to try before splitting tractor. No prior symtoms. Thanks. speckpw@bellsouth.net.

/ Case970 won't move any gear or power shift Clutch pedal no resistance no Diesel lurch #2  
You have mail.

Kim

/ Case970 won't move any gear or power shift Clutch pedal no resistance no Diesel lurch #3  
I'm headed to bed so won't answer email until tomorrow sometime. Since the pedal feels odd and there is no surge, I'm thinking the inching spool is not moving and your linkage is broke or disconnected. Look under the dash at the linkage. If that looks good, pull up the floor mat and remove the floor plate. The inching valve is at the front left corner of the transmission cover if I remember correct. Pushing the clutch pedal should move that spool in and out. Report back with what you find.

Kim

/ Case970 won't move any gear or power shift Clutch pedal no resistance no Diesel lurch
Thanks Kim, I checked linkage, its connected. Looked under floor plate, all levers/actuators move as they should when depressing inch pedal. Also depressing pedal pushes back to Pow shft 1 position as it should. Hear a slight click in the clutch control valve when I depress pedal (Diesel not running and floor plate uncovered else it's doubtfull one can hear click under normal operation) is that normal or? Have IT C-203 shop manual which does not address trouble shooting just overhauling everything. No how to access anything pictorially. Leaves a lot to be desired. I've had both Case 1370 and 970 for only about a month and driven very little (i.e. no experience). Very much appreciate your help. Thanks -- Pete