Comparison Would appreciate a response 585 case ih vs 265 mf

/ Would appreciate a response 585 case ih vs 265 mf #11  
I would go with the MF. I had a 255 and it was very tough and reliable. We still have a 165 and love it. To be honest they are more reliable than the Deere machines in that time frame in my opinion. I wish I would have bought a new Massey in a way but the closest dealer is an hour away and resale is not as high for some reason seems like. Most people make fun of big Massey tractors and love the big Deere machines but in my opinion its hard to beat the small Massey tractors. In my opinion Massey and Ford made the best in that size in that time frame. I think Deere was 3rd. I don't know anything about the Case IH your looking at but I don't think they sold allot of that model.

/ Would appreciate a response 585 case ih vs 265 mf #12  
I would go with the MF. I had a 255 and it was very tough and reliable. We still have a 165 and love it. To be honest they are more reliable than the Deere machines in that time frame in my opinion. I wish I would have bought a new Massey in a way but the closest dealer is an hour away and resale is not as high for some reason seems like. Most people make fun of big Massey tractors and love the big Deere machines but in my opinion its hard to beat the small Massey tractors. In my opinion Massey and Ford made the best in that size in that time frame. I think Deere was 3rd. I don't know anything about the Case IH your looking at but I don't think they sold allot of that model.

In my opinion, you are correct about that vintage of Masseys and their legendary reliability. I have two for that very reason.

/ Would appreciate a response 585 case ih vs 265 mf #13  
What models you have?

/ Would appreciate a response 585 case ih vs 265 mf #14  
Did you decide yet?

/ Would appreciate a response 585 case ih vs 265 mf #15  
   / Would appreciate a response 585 case ih vs 265 mf
I have no decided yet. Went to look at a 255 mf yesterday and it was sold that morning. I believe I,ll take either if I find the right one at a reasonable price.
Thanks Ray

/ Would appreciate a response 585 case ih vs 265 mf #17  
I have no decided yet. Went to look at a 255 mf yesterday and it was sold that morning. I believe I,ll take either if I find the right one at a reasonable price.
Thanks Ray

What were they asking for the MF255?

/ Would appreciate a response 585 case ih vs 265 mf #18  
In choosing a tractor, you should ask yourself "Which one do I really like the best?" and "Which one is easier to work on?" and "Which one is the toughest and longest lasting?"

/ Would appreciate a response 585 case ih vs 265 mf #19  
On good used old iron if one finds the right one sometimes the Right Price may be $1000 or two more than we may think reasonable in the long run. The only time that I know where price is an issue for a solid older tractor is if you are buying it for resell short term. Paying $8K for a class of tractor that is going for $6K can make good business sense if it is solid, has rubber not over 10-15 years old with good paint that has been put away relative clean, kept dry and serviced on schedule. Over 20 years that is only about $7 per month more and if cared for well may fetch most of that premium when one's estate sells the tractor.

Good value will often be snapped up by the first serious buyer. If qualified local prospects do not jump on it there may be a reason.

I totally agree with lightinboy's logic.

/ Would appreciate a response 585 case ih vs 265 mf
The asking price was 6800. Seemed to be in good shape, say 8 on a 1-10.
Rt