254 International Diesel fuel line problems

/ 254 International Diesel fuel line problems #1  

BryTheGuy

Tractor
254 International
I have a 254 International Diesel with fuel line problems. The return line started leaking so I want to replace it. The problem is I've tried a couple of different hoses from auto parts stores (Napa, CarQuest etc.) and every hose I get is too soft and doesn't hold.

I hope somebody can help me!

Need to get tractor running :(
Bryon

/ 254 International Diesel fuel line problems #2  
Got a Case/IH dealer near..?? Here is a link to what I believe you are looking for: (254) - INTERNATIONAL DIESEL TRACTOR And that would be #16 or #17 in the parts listing.

Note is says to cut from bulk roll, and the part number is 427683C1. Searching Messicks by entering the part number I came up with this:Messicks Part Search It shows $4.44 as the cost. I'm assuming that is by the foot.

If a dealer is too far away to consider driving to, they will set you up an account with a CC number, and ship a lot cheaper than you can drive there.

/ 254 International Diesel fuel line problems
I do have a dealer near me but they told me they didn't have such a part and to try the auto parts store. I thought that was strange. But I took their advice. But that didn't work, which why I'm here.

I have looked at Messicks, the very parts that you mentioned. The specific part I need is part 19 in the diagram (part # 1273010C91) which is the "HOSE ASSY, fuel return ...". I only needed the hose so I called their parts hotline and they told me that they didn't have just the hose and they didn't have the HOSE ASSY either.

I looked at the parts 16 & 17 and wondered if that hose is the same hose as in part 19?

/ 254 International Diesel fuel line problems #4  
Guessing it is... I Googled the hose part number, and it shows up a lot. Case/IH, New Holland, and even Navistar trucks. Got any diesel repair shops in the neighborhood..?? I mean real ones..?? I do believe it did give the size of the hose, which you probably already have. I'd check with shops that do over the road truck diesel service. Bet they have in in stock, in bulk...

/ 254 International Diesel fuel line problems
Good Idea, I'll try tomorrow.

Thanks,
- Bryon