Backhoe 1979 580C starter problem but read on. Interesting

/ 1979 580C starter problem but read on. Interesting #1  

NVArt

Tractor
Case 580C, Bobcat 743, Lull, Ford 1310, Cat. D2, Michigan 275
Had this tractor for over fifteen years.
Starter finally gave up.
Got a rebuilt one from Case.
It worked for three days.
Took it back to Case; got another one that has worked for two weeks. No issues.
Case calls and says "the plunger locked up because the voltage was too low".
Am I to understand Case starters go to heck if you try to start them with a low battery? Oh, and the battery did not receive an additional charge between the time the first rebuilt went on and the second did. Wasn't too low to start the tractor with the replacement starter.
Sounds strange.
ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS?????

/ 1979 580C starter problem but read on. Interesting #2  
Have you replaced the battery cables? The original on my 480C is like 2/0 cable. Anything lighter, like lighter automotive sized cable, may be the problem.

/ 1979 580C starter problem but read on. Interesting
Have you replaced the battery cables? The original on my 480C is like 2/0 cable. Anything lighter, like lighter automotive sized cable, may be the problem.
Original cables.
What I'm trying to validate -or nor- is Cases's claim that low voltage is what caused the starter to malfunction. The new starter started life with me at the same voltage as the rebuilt one that failed in three days.
Thank you for your response.
Art

/ 1979 580C starter problem but read on. Interesting #4  
I'll bet over those 15 years, the original starter started it once again, if it had a low battery, when charged back up, or jumped.

I'm not sure what he's calling the plunger, but possibly if it was even replaced in the rebuilt one's, they could be a cheaper, not as heavy a part as the originals. I don't trust rebuilt electrical through auto parts, or dealers anymore. Probably all contracted out to a low bidder somewhere.

We're very fortunate to have an excellent alt. , gen. ,starter shop locally that does great work. 1 guy and his wife do them all. Never had to take one back in 20 years.

So maybe find an independant shop to take a look..??