case 530ck gas

/ case 530ck gas #1  

succor

Silver Member
Tractor
foton 254
Dad owns a 530 ck gas that he fixed up a few years ago. He pretty much overhauled everything except the backhoe which he is getting too. Anyway he is having trouble with the ignition meaning tractor will run good for about a year than suddenly rough idling. Not firing on number 1 cylinder he says because he pulls #1 wire and sees the spark tractor runs smooth. Pops it back in runs rough. New casih wires same thing but $20 /wire. Firstly is there a generic ignition package he can get that will work with this tractor without paying a fortune from Caseih. He is in the process of rebuilding it I guess but if there is any info/tips with this would be very helpful to save some time. I would think this ignition system would last a bit longer than that but he is going to build some sort of weather proof shield for it as well.

Cory

/ case 530ck gas #2  
The problem sounds more like a spark plug fouling, more then the wire. But a bad wire may be delivering weak spark causing the fouling too. Or possibly #1 cyl. may have worn rings, and allowing oil by to foul the plug. Don'y buy sets of the hypalon type wire, they aren't worth putting on... Solid copper wires are the way to go.

If you have a NAPA close, you can buy a solid copper plug wire set, for up to 6 cyls., for less then $25.00 U.S. The kit includes wire, ends & boots for both ends. If not, NAPA does sell them online.

/ case 530ck gas
Is there possibly an ignition switchover say electronic ignition for this motor. Could be more reliable if so. Just wondering if anybody has or seen this done?

Cory

/ case 530ck gas #4  
Yep, they make them. Case 530 Electronic Ignition Conversion Kit, 12V Negative Ground (1541)

A buddy of mine has installed several on N series Fords, and says it makes a world of difference on starting.

Then again, I'd be taking a close look at that #1 plug, and see if it's oil fouled, or what. If it's worn rings, or valve guides, you may still have the same problem, although not as often. Possibly a step or two hotter plug may help with what you already have.

/ case 530ck gas
Dad said he's been having trouble with the points on this tractor. This time is number 1 but different plugs other times. This motor has very little hours on it since rebuild. He looks after his stuff. Gonna tell dad about this conversion kit; I'm sure he will order it.

Thanks

Cory

/ case 530ck gas #6  
If he does, post back and let us know how it was to install. Pics would be nice too..!!

/ case 530ck gas
We ordered the kit so he is going to install it. He got it runnin smooth again however; weather was a factor and he put in some boat gas that he had which probably caused the problem. New gas cleaned it up.