Hi got a backhoe few questions

/ Hi got a backhoe few questions #1  

Knifer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey,JD 2010, International W6. '42 case
It a 1974 I believe IH the serials are unreadable

Can you help ID it for me?

also the backhoe works good except the swing, it swings a full bucket fine but if I try to move a pile of dirt like trying to level with it no power, I mean not even a little bit.

This thing had been setting up a few years and I had to replace lines and I have a few small leaks and one valve on the front bucket is not working but runs good.

pics

CAM00120.jpgCAM00134.jpg

/ Hi got a backhoe few questions #2  
Looks like you have a IH3400A. A search online seems to make me think that swing problems are not uncommon for this model. Some references sound like the machine has "swing motors" but other posts do talk about what sounds like it simply uses conventional swing cylinders. Either way, references to leaks on the swing mechanism leads to weak or none functioning boom swing. CIH parts online and Messicks CIH don't have parts diagrams ( or even recognize) that model. I would search Google with related search on that model/specific issue. Hope this helps.

/ Hi got a backhoe few questions #3  
oh oh don't let the safety police see you operating a Machine with flip flops on.

/ Hi got a backhoe few questions
cool thanks

It has swing motors

and it is leaky there

Florida we live in flip flops

this is my second IH and the second one that seems to be hard to find parts for

/ Hi got a backhoe few questions #6  
My mom lived in Winter Haven for 20 years. My "ex" step father ( still consider him as a father) still lives there......GREAT man......loves machinery, tools, welding, fabrication etc. and has taught me much about all of them.

Good luck on this problem!

Cool might have saw them before

Seems to be stuck in low gear. Is there something I need to push?

Is that linkage under the seat what locks it into positive traction and possibly be stuck keeping it from coming out of low? It comes straight out of the floor hooks to the trans mission

bump bump