International 444 hydraulics quit working

/ International 444 hydraulics quit working #21  
I cleaned my screen filter a few times, but finally gave up and replaced the hydraulic pump and now it works good. The pump is easy to replace.

/ International 444 hydraulics quit working #23  
We (my wifes cousin next door) have a 444. I don't know that he's ever changed the hydraulic fluid although I guess it's been changed enough because of all the leaks & drips!

Anyone care to show a picture of where this suction screen (and filter) might be so I can take a peek and maybe clean it?

I've got to think it's never been cleaned in the 30/40 years they've had the tractor. Then again, perhaps his father did prior to his passing.

I've already had to convert the darn thing to a traditional spin on filter to get rid of that terrible canister or whatever it was (did it 7 years ago so forget details on the old one)

Anyone know of a way to change the air filter to get rid of the oil bath & wire mesh thing? I'd much rather have a paper type that can be bought & easily replaced.

Right now, the wire mesh (lower since I was unable to remove the upper) has been cleaned but the tractor is being run with no oil in there.

/ International 444 hydraulics quit working #24  
Where did you get pump and how much did it cost? I may have same problem. Going to clean filter screen first.

/ International 444 hydraulics quit working #25  
If you are asking me. I do not recall, but what did is google it with the link below. I have the diesel and needed the 10 gpm pump and it is more money. I will say this it is still working fine and it has be about 4 years.

IH 424 1 gpm hydralic pump - Google Search