New Farmall 55a MFWD

/ New Farmall 55a MFWD #1  

hoffmtim

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 5093e; 1949 John Deere MT; 1972 John Deere 800 windrower, restored; 2001 567 John Deere baler; 2013 CaseIH Farmall 55a MFWD
Been dealing with my JD dealer to put a package together to get a Deere 5055d tractor and loader as a second tractor, but his pricing new with loader and canopy was north of $25k. While digesting that, I came across a Case Farmall 55a at the local CaseIH dealer and inquired about it. It was the MFWD version. Long story short, customer ordered it, dealership paid for it and when ready to deliver it customer backed out. They were desperate to move it, so I was able to package a new Farmall 55a MFWD with loader and skidsteer carrier and loaded rear tires for dealer cost. It came in less than the Deere 5055d I had spec'd, which is a 2wd tractor.

Everything I own to date has been green, but couldn't pass this one up. I have rolling hills that make me a bit squeemish in my cabbed deere, so this one will do the bush-hogging duties as well as pull a hay rake and other yard duties.

I did a ton of research on TBN reading all your posts. I loved the raw simplicity of this tractor, and it's the size I feel comfortable putting my 12 year old son on to learn how to use a tractor.

I guess it goes to show red and green can co-exist, at least in my case!

No pic's yet, they are waiting for the loader to come in so they can put the two together.

/ New Farmall 55a MFWD #2  
Congratulations, you purchased an awesome tractor. It represents the best value in a 55 hp tractor there is, period. If there is a better tractor it is a lot more money. The 3 point hitch and the engine are as good as it gets.

/ New Farmall 55a MFWD #3  
Congratulations, you purchased an awesome tractor. It represents the best value in a 55 hp tractor there is, period. If there is a better tractor it is a lot more money. The 3 point hitch and the engine are as good as it gets.

Same here, I have both. They won't kill each other under the shed.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ New Farmall 55a MFWD #4  
Congrats, they are great machines and I'm sure you'll be happy with it for years to come.

/ New Farmall 55a MFWD #5  
Any updates. What do you think of it. Pics.

/ New Farmall 55a MFWD
I FINALLY got the new tractor home today. I had them put a local brand loader (KOYKER, same specs as the CIH loader) on it, and it took the Manufacturer longer than normal to finally get the loader done. Without prompting, my sales guy decided to eat the cost of the RIMGUARD (650 lbs worth) because it took him so long to deliver it. I, of course, didnt complain. No seat time to speak of yet, will post as I get the chance. Some pic's though...

20140321_112147.jpg20140321_112133.jpg20140321_111425.jpg20140321_111410.jpg20140321_102001.jpg

/ New Farmall 55a MFWD #7  
It looks sharp. To me there is only two red tractors Case IH and MF. Have fun with it.

/ New Farmall 55a MFWD #9  
Great looking tractor, hope to hear how you like it compared to your JDs

also have a similar sized sized Koyker loader - although a lot older it has been very good unit, i think you will like it.

Congrats on a great set up and price:thumbsup:

/ New Farmall 55a MFWD
Great looking tractor, hope to hear how you like it compared to your JDs

also have a similar sized sized Koyker loader - although a lot older it has been very good unit, i think you will like it.

Congrats on a great set up and price:thumbsup:

Thanks!

The John Deere is of a different ilk. My e series with Cab has a different role, and I really like it for that (Baling, moving round bales, feeding in the winter, snow removal, etc.). I bought this one to spray pastures, pull rake, bushhog on uneven ground. etc. I looked at the smaller e series Deere's, but they didn't offer telescoping links (which helps a ton since I dont have help on the farm much) and I went out the door (with loader and rimguard in the rears) with a new MFWD 55 hp tractor for under $25k. I just couldn't pass it up.