Backhoe How to rebuild backhoe model 33 valve control box?

/ How to rebuild backhoe model 33 valve control box? #1  

Rawbert

Tractor
1967 Case 580CK
Hi guys, first post! I need some help!

I recently bought my neighbors 1967 580CK with a 33 backhoe for 2k. besides some rotted hoses and tire issues the biggest problem is the leaks at the backhoe control valves.
I couldn't test it because of some busted hoses and it was also way to dirty in there to see anything.

So I uninstalled the whole valve body and cleaned it nicely but now I'm not sure how to proceed.. which seals to replace? Ideally I'd like to replace them all, but an online parts store told me there are 200+ seals in there and it could run me $8-900 to buy them all.. I looked t the diagram in the Case parts website though and I could only see about 10-11 seals/valve so no more than 70-80 seal for the whole thing.

2qclch0.jpg

What say you?
Should I take the whole thing apart and replace only the damaged seals?
Or install it back now that it's cleaned and the hoses are fixed to see where it leaks?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

/ How to rebuild backhoe model 33 valve control box? #2  
I would recommend putting it back together and see where the leaks are.

There are 3 to 4 o-rings between each section.

There are o-rings on each spool top and bottom.

/ How to rebuild backhoe model 33 valve control box? #3  
Since you have already removed the valve assembly any way you apply pressure to the inlet and see what leaks? Build pressure slowly in case you missed plugging a flow path. Seals between the sections are typically the pressure and tank lines and can flatten and harden from time and heating cycles.

/ How to rebuild backhoe model 33 valve control box?
Thanks guys.
I replaced the spool seal since I already had them ordered, put it all back together and it works, no leaks! :)