CASE Skid Loader, Dead in the Water!

/ CASE Skid Loader, Dead in the Water! #1  

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
Just curious if any of you guys know. I am not sure of the model number. It has four cylinder cummins power and a Sunstrand dual hydrostat unit. Is there anyway to make these things freewheel to get them off the road or into a shop for repair, lets say?

Most of my various hydro equipment all has valves you can open manually for such purposes of towing.

Thanks.

/ CASE Skid Loader, Dead in the Water! #2  
1845C ?

/ CASE Skid Loader, Dead in the Water! #3  
My 1845c has a valve (valve looks like a bolt and can be recognized by a hole drilled in the head). There is one on each of the tandem pumps. These only need to be unscrewed about 1 turn. If, in fact your machine is an 18 series. I can scan a picture of these bolts from the operators manual and send or post for you. Of course the parking brake must be released also.

/ CASE Skid Loader, Dead in the Water!
Its an 1840

/ CASE Skid Loader, Dead in the Water! #5  
Here is a parts breakdown from a case dealer. It is Item 2 in the drawing. There will be one on each of the tandem pumps. 1 feeds the left drive motor and 1 feeds the right drive motor. My i845C bypasses have a cross drilled hole in the head. I believe the 1840 will also. These will be directly under the seat assembly. 1 is on the right and 1 is on the left. Please let me know if I can make things clearer.

Parts for Case 1840 Uniloaders/Skid Steer Loaders

/ CASE Skid Loader, Dead in the Water! #6  
Just curious if any of you guys know. I am not sure of the model number. It has four cylinder cummins power and a Sunstrand dual hydrostat unit. Is there anyway to make these things freewheel to get them off the road or into a shop for repair, lets say? Most of my various hydro equipment all has valves you can open manually for such purposes of towing. Thanks.
Jeeze died on the road? Hope you can get it home safely !! If nothing else you could always call a flat bed wrecker and he can tow it home for you. Not fun but good luck to you !