Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    IH B414

Default Re: B414 rescue

Question

As much as I am supposed to be working on the kitchen, my mind is off in the shop.....:-)

I see a sale on some hydraulic cylinders. From what I can see on the web from images, I think the model number of my loader frame is B901. Does anyone know the specs on the cylinders for it? I cannot find it anywhere I have looked. The one I have is partially open but seized. It looks about 30 or 32" stroke and 1 3/4" shaft. I can get a good price on a 30" stroke x 1 1/2" shaft. Since I am changing to 2 way cylinders (double acting?) the shaft size may change. Also, from what I have seen in some newer Yanmar machines, their cylilnder shaft size is quite a bit smaller so I am thinking the ones on sale will do the job fine, providing I am not going to limit my lift too much with a 2" shorter stroke. Any input for me? Does anyone know what length the stroke would be on that cylinder?

The one I have found is this one

2-1/2 in. Bore x 30 in. Stroke Threaded Head Utility Cylinder | Princess Auto

Thanks

Tractor
    IH B414

Default Re: B414 rescue

I am looking for the control valve now for the tractor. Considering that the original hydraulics had single acting cylinders, and I want to put double acting ones on, what parameters do I need to look for in a valve?

I see the terms "Power beyond", "Open Center", etc. If I understand correctly, I will be hooking into the quick connector already there (I assume it was for the original loader assembly, which is long gone) but then I need to hook in a return line somewhere....? I am thinking I need an Open center vavle but not sure about "Power beyond"....?

I have seen some valves on eBay

Hydraulic Directional Control Valve 2 Spool Tandem Center Spring Return 12 GPM | eBay

and am considering one of them but for a few bucks more, I can get a joystick version from Princess Auto....

http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/A...alve/8410763.p

which would you do or would you hold out for a Prince Valve? Princess Auto has them on sale occasionally and since I am still working on the kitchen, I have some time to make a decision.

Any advice available?

Thanks

Shawn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12