Case 45 vs Boomer 40

/ Case 45 vs Boomer 40 #1  

gurkina

Tractor
none
Still trying to figure out which tractor to buy for up keep on about a 1000 ft. path that leads to 20 cleared acres that I will build my house on. The New Holland Boomer 40 is at the top of my list but I just recently spoke with a dealer who has a Case 45 which is 4WD and hydrostatic like the Boomer. Think I can get the Case a little cheaper and both tractors are new with loaders. The Case 45 has more horse power but the Boomer is a slightly heavier tractor with a slight adavantage in hydraulic lift capacity from what I have read. Any ideas or thoughts on which may be the better tractor? The Case 45 isn't made by LS which now makes the Boomer series and the Case B series. Don't know if that is a good or bad thing?

/ Case 45 vs Boomer 40
Neither is a cab tractor. I will also be doing some mowing in the woods for hunting paths so I am gonna leave the cab off. May regret that but I am afraid I could damage it.

/ Case 45 vs Boomer 40 #4  
Sorry for the dumb question. After hitting reply I remembered in your post the hydro trans. I like the cab tractors, but the case and newholland have the cvt. I have a farmall 40 with hydro and like it. I am looking at replacing it this year but dont want the complications that other tbn members have had with the cvt. Both tractors you mentioned are good choices. lt190b

/ Case 45 vs Boomer 40
Yeah I don't know anything about the CVT's. Are you going to buy another Case tractor? I think it may come down to price for me, like you said both are great tractors I think. I have several dealers for both fairly close to where I live so servicing shouldn't be a problem.

/ Case 45 vs Boomer 40 #6  
If you consider the Boomer 40 is the same as a LS R4041 and a Case/Farmall 40B their are quite a few out there and getting parts from any of those sources would interchange minus the loader and hood differences. I rarely see a Case 45 out there so I'd venture to say its a lower volume unit. There's a lot of folks with a LS 4041/Boomer 40/40B that are well satified with the product, including myself (4047).

LS Tractors are assembled in North Carolina and there are some faily high volume and very pirce competive dealers for LS in the area. You might be surprised at the price compared to a Boomer from New Holland.

/ Case 45 vs Boomer 40 #7  
I would buy a case or newholland 40-50 hp cab tractor if the hydro trans was offered. I had a tc35d newholland before the farmall 40, I was looking for a newholland 40 45 hp cab tractor when I found out only the cvt was available. A frend knew I was looking and told the case dealer he uses,and the dealer called me. We visited about what I wanted, he located a farmall 40 cab hydro, announced a figure I liked, the rest is history.lt190b

/ Case 45 vs Boomer 40
Yeah I have heard lots of great things about the LS tractors. The assembly area you are talking about is only about 1 hour away from where I live. One LS dealer about 30 minutes from me quoted an LS tractor and it was $3-4K less than the New Holland. No doubt you can get those cheaper. I don't think the loader was quite as stout on the LS but not 100% sure about that. I just keep on hearing good things about LS units so maybe I should get serious about those.

/ Case 45 vs Boomer 40
Yeah the price seems to vary a good bit from dealer to dealer in my area. I don't understand that. That will end up making the decision for me I think.

/ Case 45 vs Boomer 40 #10  
tbn member TSO has a post about loader capabilities on a LS and Massey of his and a neighbors (I think) tractor. Very good comparison. lt190b