International 240 Utility

/ International 240 Utility #1  

diananchuck

Tractor
IH 240 Utility
Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could get a new gas tank for 1962 International 240 Utility tractor?Thanks!

/ International 240 Utility #2  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the International Harvester forum. :)

/ International 240 Utility #3  
   / International 240 Utility #4  
HI dont know about gas tank but wonder if you can help. have same tractor and gives me trouble starting has new starter but i have to turn fan to get to start. some people say its the fly wheel ever happen to you thanks.

/ International 240 Utility #5  
HI dont know about gas tank but wonder if you can help. have same tractor and gives me trouble starting has new starter but i have to turn fan to get to start. some people say its the fly wheel ever happen to you thanks.

If turning the fan causes the crankshaft to move to a different position, then your problem could very well be missing teeth on the flywheel ring gear that the starter teeth mesh with to start the tractor. Engines tend to stop in certain spots in the rotation causing the starter to engage the ring gear in those spots more frequently, thus wearing the teeth in those positions while the teeth remain good in other spots.

/ International 240 Utility #6  
Sounds like you need to split the tractor, and put a new starter ring gear on the flywheel.