1086 water in oil

/ 1086 water in oil #1  

oklahomafarmer

Tractor
John deere 4430, 4440 & International 1086
I have a 1086 that was sitting for about 4-6 years but it had a recent overhaul (less than 100 hours). I ran it for probably 20+ hours. I replaced the valve cover gasket and put a new turbo on it and when I started it up after about 30 minutes oil/water mixture was coming out of the blow by tube. I have taken the pan off and pressurized the radiator and cannot find a leak there. So I'm assuming it is not a liner with a hole in it. Anyone know what it could be or what to check?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

/ 1086 water in oil #4  
There is no after cooler on a 1086. I hate to do this but if the base was off and nothing was leaking off the sleeves then it must be the head gasket or head. The oil cooler runs with more pressure on the oil then water so the oil would be transferring into the coolant.

/ 1086 water in oil #6  
Further reading, it might not have had the blowby if you had drained off the oil pan before starting. What you might be seeing is the condensation from sitting that long that was accumulating in the base.
On another thought! You have checked to see if the sleeves were leaking and if pressurizing the cooling system you stated nothing was leaking. That is good as we have sometimes seen what we call western rebuilds which is when you have cavitation you pull the cylinders and turn them 180 degree's!