Houston, we have a problem...

/ Houston, we have a problem... #11  
That would make about anyone take step backwards and say hmmmmmm.

/ Houston, we have a problem... #12  
I watched a video of a tractor of a different brand with almost the same issue. The shaft broke instead of the case. Turns out that the front half of the tractor was loose that connects the front axle to the engine and let it all shift binding up the pump. This all was caused because the bolts came loose from years of use with the loader. Now I know this loader has never been used and brand new but it could be possible depending how the front bolts on. Not saying this is the issue here but its possible.

/ Houston, we have a problem...
Ok, finally got an answer. Turns out a relief valve in the 3pt wasn't working causing back pressure that blew the hydraulic pump. They are putting everything back together today and should have tractor back soon.

/ Houston, we have a problem... #14  
better it happened now under Warranty then later.

Called the dealer Friday as the tractor still hadn't been returned. Turns out they had put everything back together, started testing it and blew the new pump the same way I did. Now they are looking at a loader valve as possibly being the problem. I love (heavy sarcasm) that they thought to call and tell me about it. Said they had another pump ordered, but didn't know when they'd be done as they had other things to work on as well (hint, guys who spend more). Fortunately I don't NEED it yet, but pretty soon I'll be having them bring something else out to use.

Nice to have a fully functioning tractor again!!!

Farmall 55a and bale.jpg

/ Houston, we have a problem... #17  
I was going to say, check the relief valves. I sold my Yanmar 4220 to my brother in law and after a couple of months he called wanting to know where to get a hydraulic pump. He said it build pressure and ran good till he used the loader and bam it exploded. Relieve valve was built into the joystick control and froze up. Those pumps are positive displacement and as long as you have power to turn it, it will pump fluid till something gives. New pump, rebuilt control valve and relief and good to go.