IH 384 spin on filter adapter

/ IH 384 spin on filter adapter #1  

pointman821

Tractor
international 384
I have an IH 384 with the BD 154 diesel engine. I recently replaced the old style engine oil filter housing with a spin on type. the filter that came with the housing seemed to be a very cheaply made filter so i put a Wix filter on when i changed the housing. Im noticing now that there seems to be some oil seepage around the housing to block gasket (new and bolts are torqued) and possibly the filter gasket. my question is this, is it possible that the spin on type filter does not allow enough oil volume to pass through the filter, thereby causing the leaks or possibly the filter it self is not large enough ( i did think it kind of small) . engine is running around 30 psi at working temp and rpm. about 17 psi at idle (hot). im kind of at a loss with this issue. any advice would be appreciated. the reason i replaced the old style filter was because the lip where the o ring sealed was chipped off and i was constantly dealing with oil leakage.

/ IH 384 spin on filter adapter #2  
Can't help you with the leak, but could you tell me what adapter, part number and source you used to convert to a spin on filter?

Last edited:
   / IH 384 spin on filter adapter
i bought it from cross creek tractor in alabama. the part number is something generic like filter01 or something like that. they are listed on the web. the cost was like 30 bucks but i didnt use the filter that came with it, it looked cheap and i didnt trust it, so i put a similar wix filter on there.