Tracing down a miss on a international 444

/ Tracing down a miss on a international 444
thanks! I will give that a try

/ Tracing down a miss on a international 444 #12  
I would say that after sitting for the winter, rather than needing to be adjusted, the carb has some gum in it from sitting. I would clean it first, then if it still runs roughly, make your adjustments. At the very least, before you start tweaking, turn your screws all the way in and note how many turns it takes to get to stop so it can be set back there if need be.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Tracing down a miss on a international 444 #13  
Was there a plug gap gauge, that came with the EI kit..?? Or did it mention in the directions about a specific plug gap to be set at..?? Specific spark plugs to be used, as in higher heat range??

Looking at one particular EI kit online, it comes with plugs to match the system, and gauge to set them at.

No it didn't come with anything like that, but it ran great with the way it was set up for almost a year. It was over the winter that it began to miss, I don't think it's from sitting as I used it every day to move roll bales.

/ Tracing down a miss on a international 444 #15  
Have you tried running with partial choke, and see if it smooths out..?? Last winter, my little FrankenFarmall A, w/C123 power unit from a 55T baler started something like that. I needed to plow snow, and ended up having to run it at full choke to keep it running. I'd gotten a can of Seafoam to use in the garden tractors with pretty good success, so thought I'd give it a shot in the A, since it was 10º out, and would be 2 hrs getting the shop warm enough to work on it, to clean the carb. I put about 8 ozs. in the tank which had 6-7 gallons of gas in it. Went back to plowing snow, and within 10 minutes, had to start easing the choke back in. Another 15 minutes, and had to return the choke to full off. It's ran great ever since.

I'm not much for "mechanic in a can", but this stuff works..!!

/ Tracing down a miss on a international 444 #16  
Have you tried running with partial choke, and see if it smooths out..?? Last winter, my little FrankenFarmall A, w/C123 power unit from a 55T baler started something like that. I needed to plow snow, and ended up having to run it at full choke to keep it running. I'd gotten a can of Seafoam to use in the garden tractors with pretty good success, so thought I'd give it a shot in the A, since it was 10º out, and would be 2 hrs getting the shop warm enough to work on it, to clean the carb. I put about 8 ozs. in the tank which had 6-7 gallons of gas in it. Went back to plowing snow, and within 10 minutes, had to start easing the choke back in. Another 15 minutes, and had to return the choke to full off. It's ran great ever since.

I'm not much for "mechanic in a can", but this stuff works..!!

I like this!

/ Tracing down a miss on a international 444 #17  
Any luck..??

Yes, some improvement, went through and checked all connections and re-gaped the plugs to what the ignition maker recommended, several where way off, also tightened down distributor cap as it was really loose on the distributor. Along with these things I replaced the inline fuel pump and regulator with a new pump rated for the right psi, therefore eliminating the regulator which had been acting kind of weird as certain settings on it did not work. Its running 90% better so Im quite pleased, going to mow down about 15 acres of hay tomorrow when the rain gets out so we will see how it all holds up. Thank you for your replys!