Bleeding the brakes on the 574

/ Bleeding the brakes on the 574 #1  

deerseeker001

Tractor
International 2500a with Loader
I have been having loss of my brakes recently I have been bleeding then according to the manual and is good for a short while then it needs it again,I must be missing something.I start the engine warm up and then clamp line going to oil cooler.
attach hoses to each bleeder put hoses in hyd filler hole and open bleeder and wife pumps the brakes till all the air is out. What did i miss??? thanks

Last edited:
   / Bleeding the brakes on the 574 #4  
If it's like my 464 with hydraulic brakes there is an keep full line that keeps fluid in the master cylinder when the tractor is shutoff. Could be your fluid is low...the hydraulic fluid is for the brakes too, or the screen in the keep full line is plugged and the only time you'd have them is if you keep it running. Or worst case the master cylinder is leaking and getting air. Check for fluid around it....if not then probably that keep full line or low on tranny fluid.

/ Bleeding the brakes on the 574 #5  
G'day is it possible you have a bad piston seal allowing the fluid to drain from the m/cyl when not running.

Jon

/ Bleeding the brakes on the 574 #6  
G'day is it possible you have a bad piston seal allowing the fluid to drain from the m/cyl when not running.

Jon
mine leaks from the left cylinder when parked. Is the seal Case-IH specific or can I match it up at a parts house?

/ Bleeding the brakes on the 574
Guys I found out that the housing where the plunger goes in was broken,there was a piece about 1-150 broke out and I think that is where my air is coming in.I am hoping to pick up the rebuild cylinder Tuesday we will see.

/ Bleeding the brakes on the 574
thank guys for the replies.