Rear remote for DX40

/ Rear remote for DX40 #1  

Jimmy Joe

Gold Member
I want to add a rear remote hydraulic valve to my 2008 Case DX40, does anyone know what the Case part number would be? I have been trying to search but not much luck I think there is a different part number for each one you add. I currently have none on my tractor.

/ Rear remote for DX40 #2  
I want to add a rear remote hydraulic valve to my 2008 Case DX40, does anyone know what the Case part number would be? I have been trying to search but not much luck I think there is a different part number for each one you add. I currently have none on my tractor.

I've had good luck with this site:

Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Best Parts Search and Best Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts

/ Rear remote for DX40 #3  
Do you just want Case valves or will a third party valves work for you.

Is your tractor open center or closed?

How many spools do you want.

Will you install T-N-T at some time?

There are lots of valves to choose from, some with float, some with detent, etc.

/ Rear remote for DX40

Thanks for the thread to the site, it helped me determine the valve I was looking at is valve #2 whu=ich wouldn't do me any good without valve #1. It has a new part number it says to replace the obsolite part, not sure what that means. Also J.J. I'm not sure which system I have I googled open center just not sure how to determine which one I have.

/ Rear remote for DX40 #5  
If you were to install a hyd gage in the IN port in a tee, you can tell what system you have.

An open center with all valves in neutral will have no or very little pressure.

Open center valves usually have a relief valve.

Closed center hyd system will show full pump pressure or a stand pressure.

Last edited:
   / Rear remote for DX40 #6  
Would you happen to have a dealer nearby? If not, Messicks has a great parts center online. You will need the 1st position valve. It's very easy to install, i just did mine this summer.

/ Rear remote for DX40 #7  
Hello, I have the same tractor looking to add a rear remote :) did you have any luck? I have a loader on it also. Thanks!

/ Rear remote for DX40
Hello, I have the same tractor looking to add a rear remote :) did you have any luck? I have a loader on it also. Thanks!
I never did get any rear remotes couldn't get over the price for how often I would use them.

/ Rear remote for DX40 #9  
You know you can add an aftermarket valve and do your own plumbing for a few hundred bucks. I've done that on many different tractors. It's easier than you think, and much simpler than adding all the factory stuff. (most of which is unavailable anyway)

/ Rear remote for DX40 #10  
Thanks Harry! For someone that doesn't do in-depth mechanics but not worried to try it :) have you come across any recommended You-Tube videos?