Default MX270 Engine Failure

My Dad's MX270 just experience engine failure at 1530 hours. Mechanic says that it looks as though the oil pump stopped working and the engine siezed. However, the dealer is being very mumm about whether other CaseIH tractors have experienced trouble such as this. I've been told that some CaseIH combines have experience such problems. Is there any basis to this? We bought the tractor at auction last year and haven't been able to confirm the year of manufacture to see if it is still covered by warranty--but the dealer says it is not. We want to confirm that some how. Anyone have some info/suggestions regarding this? Thanks.

Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: MX270 Engine Failure

It could be out of warrantee and they even had a special deal for a 10,000 hour ten year program. I'd do some checking but yes the tractor is past the normal warrantee two year program. I haven't seen any problems like this yet. The ones I'm familiar with are hot all running 270 on the dyno.