Oil & Fuel International 464 hy trans fluid level

/ International 464 hy trans fluid level #1  

Jesbo

Tractor
International 464 and 1951 Ford 8N
New to forum and to owning older tractors.....My INT 464 manual gives no detail into checking the hy trans oil level regarding temperature of the tractor. Should it be running, at operating temps but turned off, cold, etc? Live in Ctrl VT and it is winter. Hoping this hasn't already been addressed in forum.

/ International 464 hy trans fluid level #3  
I used to have a 464. Not sure I remember much difference in the level if it was hot or cold. It seemed to be pretty forgiving, my level was usually on the high side. The 464 is a great tractor, enjoy!

/ International 464 hy trans fluid level #4  
not sure about the 464, but I have a Case-IH 385 and from what I can tell the driveline and hydraulics are the same except for the trans shifter. The owners manual says to run the tractor at 1600 RPM for 3 minutes, shut the tractor down, and check the level on the dip stick to be in the hash marked area. I assume this is to make sure that there is adequate fluid when the oil is circulated up in the trans area. Seems to me that the engineers could have calculated that and simplified the level check.