Farmall H clutch will not disengage

/ Farmall H clutch will not disengage #1  

rkallaman

Tractor
JD 1025R
I have a Farmall H (S#245479x1) which has a clutch that will not disengage. I have adjusted the pedal to clutch adjustment rod as much as possible but the clutch will still not release. I managed to get it back to the garage by shutting off the motor, changing gears, and restarting the tractor in gear. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is and how to repair it?

/ Farmall H clutch will not disengage #2  
Did it sit for a while, sometimes they rust up and get stuck. Get in a nice open area. Either hold or tied the clutch pedal down Put it in a high gear get it going as fast as you can and jam the brakes. Repeat until it breaks free. If it is a broken finger then you need to split it.

/ Farmall H clutch will not disengage #3  
Try starting with the gear shift in neutral may break it free if it's just frozen or rusted.

/ Farmall H clutch will not disengage #4  
From your description of getting it back to the garage, it sounds like the clutch failed to release while you were using it. Clutches usually rust to the flywheel while sitting up unused. I would be more inclined to think something is broken in the clutch or linkage which would typically require splitting the tractor to find it.

If it has been sitting and was stuck when you tried to use it, then maybe the disk is frozen to the flywheel. I have gotten them unstuck by propping the pedal down for about a week then start the engine with the clutch still propped down and run the tractor while stabbing the brake pedals.

/ Farmall H clutch will not disengage #5  
sounds like you are stuck between gears,I had this happen with my H.Remove shifting lever,take long screw driver and move the shifting blocks so they line up.I think they call it jumping the gates.

/ Farmall H clutch will not disengage #6  
I fixed mine by taking the welder and build up the end of the shifter that fits in the gates which was worn down.
sounds like you are stuck between gears,I had this happen with my H.Remove shifting lever,take long screw driver and move the shifting blocks so they line up.I think they call it jumping the gates.