Which battery for my Case DX55?

/ Which battery for my Case DX55? #1  

jduke

Bronze Member
2004 model, original battery. I need to replace it, but Im not exactly sure what size. What will fit?

/ Which battery for my Case DX55?
I dont know what will fit in the battery box, that's my question.

/ Which battery for my Case DX55? #5  
Measure the old Battery then get one same size with the most cold cranking amps.

Im replacing my Diesel truck batteries, they arent quite good enough for the truck, but Ill see if they fit in the tractor. If so, that would be sweet because Ill save some money there. They will be plenty good for it.

/ Which battery for my Case DX55? #7  
Im replacing my Diesel truck batteries, they arent quite good enough for the truck, but Ill see if they fit in the tractor. If so, that would be sweet because Ill save some money there. They will be plenty good for it.

You're kidding, right ?

No. Why would I be joking about that? What's the problem. It fits. In fact, its pretty much the same size as the old one. Its a better battery. It's got more CCA than the old one. A 6.0 Liter diesel requires TWO batteries with at LEAST 750CCA to preload a 50 volt fuel injection control module. A tractor with no computer requires nothing even close to that. Two 4 year old batteries with 12.5V is barely enough to start a cold truck. A single one of those batteries at 12.5V will fire a case DX55 diesel all day long, many times, without a recharge. I don't see the issue here. If there is one, please advise.

/ Which battery for my Case DX55? #9  
You're kidding, right ?

I eat my words. While I don't think it will last very long as you indicated it is getting tired in your truck; if it does work you're way ahead of the game. If doesn't then you'd have to buy a new one, but yeah, you're right. What do you have to lose.

OK...cool. Yeah, it won't last long probably. I just can't bear to ditch something that isnt quite completely trashed. I just wanted to make sure there wasnt some reason I SHOULDNT do it...like it would catch on fire or something...lol. Of course its not ideal. Unfortunately, my truck batteries get replaced before their useful life for most applications. Ill probably put the second one on my generator and recycle the one thats there. Just rotate them out. I can always jump start the tractor if I HAVE to.