Support for CASE IH 2294 tractors

/ Support for CASE IH 2294 tractors #1  

jenkinsph

Super Star Member
Tractor
Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130
I have been looking around for used tractors in the 125hp class and have found a couple of 2294 tractors of interest. It has been quite a while since I sold my Case 1370 so I have been out of the information loop. Was wondering how parts availability is on the Case IH are today and any special problems with the 2294 4x4 models? What is up with Case IH and New Holland, is there a merger or whatever?

/ Support for CASE IH 2294 tractors #2  
I can't help you with a 125 HP tractor. I have a Case IH 385 ('89 model) and have only needed a seal kit for a brake cylinder and they are easy to find. Here is what a search came up with on Case-IH and New Holland:

In 1999, Case IH merged with New Holland Ag to form a new parent company, CNH Global. The majority owner of CNH Global is Fiat Industrial.

/ Support for CASE IH 2294 tractors
Gene thanks for the response, where abouts are you located? I used to live in Pike county near Dixie Springs and Summit.

/ Support for CASE IH 2294 tractors #4  
Case-IH and NH was been brought together by Fiat a few years back. The 2294 is an old design Case (new design from 1370) with a improved power shift transmission that all parts to the best of my knowledge are still available. There maybe some parts that have not had a failure rate that justifies replacement. There are always castings that might only break from improper installation that might not be in the Case-IH dealers system but are readily available through after-market.

art,
Thanks for the response. I am considering pairing a 2294 with the larger tiller you responded to in the attachments forum. I am interested in a tractor that can be moved easily (transported) and a combination tractor/tiller would work best for me. These Case IH tractors seem to be a better bang for the buck than the older Deere tractors so I wanted to hear from others about the parts availability.

Good to hear that parts are readily available, I just haven't had Case or IH equipment since the 1980's and haven't kept up with them.

Planning on using this tractor to pull a drag box scraper for laser work as well as the tilling.

/ Support for CASE IH 2294 tractors #6  
I live just off Hwy 49, about 16 miles S/O Jackson.

/ Support for CASE IH 2294 tractors #7  
Case and International "merged" in 1985, the newly formed company opted to follow the Case designed tractors. Your 2294 has a Case designed 504BDT engine, argueably one of the best ever built by Case lots of them out there. Big horsepower potential. Some time about 1990 Case/IH entered an agreement with Cummins, forming CDC to produce heavily Cummins influenced engines and likewise the Case/IH Magnum/Maxxum tractors the 30/40 series. The 5.9 liter Cummins famous in Dodge trucks is also in the tractor series.

Soggy Bottom Outdoors,
Thanks for the response, just wanted to make sure these tractors were not orphans.