International 254

/ International 254 #1  

1999Powerstroke

Tractor
International 254
New to the forum. Recently bought an international 254 tractor with the 3 cylinder Mitsubishi diesel in it. Previous owner lost the keys and ruined the ignition switch. Any recommendations of where to find an original 5 blade ignition switch? Don't have an IH dealer within a reasonable distance.
Thanks for the help.

-Ben

/ International 254 #2  
You can always set up a credit card account at your nearest dealer. Order what you need, and they will UPS to you. Out of the half dozen items I may need something from mine per year, I may actually go there just once or twice, because I need it right then. The rest is shipped. No way I can drive there and back, for the cost of shipping.

/ International 254
thanks man appreciate the response ill be talking to my dealer

/ International 254 #4  
You could try contacting Len Scheaffer in Dixon IL. 815-284-3226 for your ignition switch. The 254 is a Mitsubishi tractor marketed by CaseIH. CaseIH sources their parts from Mitsubishi and Len sells Mitsubishi parts. He can cross reference the CaseIH number to Mitsubishi number. I bought some parts from him for my 244 that CaseIH no longer stocked. He found me a wiring harness and dash assembly to restore my cobbled together electrical system to factory original. Another previous owners attempt at "improvement". CaseIH is going to want $146 for a new ignition switch w/2 keys. I have an account on http://partstore.caseih.com. It helps to look up part numbers and identify exactly what you need. It will also tell you what CaseIH still stocks. My closest CaseIH dealer is about 1 1/2 hours away.

Bill