Trailering a 33

/ Trailering a 33 #1  

blackjack

Bronze Member
Tractor
CaseIH DX33 Farmall
Greetings all!
I'm trying to determine how much trailer length I'll need to haul a DX33 with the loader on and one rear implement (tiller, box blade, or snowblower). I don't have the DX33 yet, so I can't go out and measure it, but I'm looking to purchase the trailer first. I'm looking at a 16' + 2' dovetail trailer (total 18') but want to make sure it will comfortably carry what I want. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

/ Trailering a 33 #2  
My shed is 16' long and my Cub Cadet w/ a loader and counterweight just makes it. You have to crawl over the bucker or the operator platform to get to the other side. Were I you, I would get a bigger tariler than 16'.

/ Trailering a 33
Thank you IHCRules. I might post my question to the general forum to see if I can get a couple of more answers.

/ Trailering a 33 #4  
A 16' would work, but with a rear rotary mower, it may be a bit long.

As well as considering length, make sure to add up all your weights to ensure your new trailer, as well as tow vehicle, can handle it. I made a list for my B8200 kinda like this
Tractor 1800
Loader 600
Scraper 300
mower 400
tools 100
ice chest w/lunch, drinks 50
extra fuel 50

That's 3300lbs for my little 19hp Kubota, with stuff I would typically carry. My 7000lb trailer handles it fine. But, all the weight does add up, and bigger tractors add up faster.

/ Trailering a 33 #5  
Based on our DX45 with a L160 loader and a 930B 72" rear finish mower,it barely fits on a 16' landscape trailer. I normally quick disconnect the bucket, drop it in the front of the trailer and set the loader arms over it. This improves the balance and keeps the rear mower from extending more than a foot or so off the rear of the trailer. Keep in mind that if you have removable ramps it allows you to have your implement extend out the back a little.
With our Deck Over 20' trailer the tractor and a 6' rotary cutter fits well with the bucket tipped over and the mower gauge wheel between the loading ramps. The DX33 is somewhat shorter, but you will be happier with an 18 or 20' deck which gives you some flexibility for other implements and finding a good balance. I also use a block under the back of the trailer to reduce stresses on the truck and trailer when loading and unloading the tractor.

My son who does custom fabricating, made up a receiver hitch for the front bumper/weight bracket so you can chain the tractor down without scratching up the grille guard or weight bracket.

Good luck and enjoy your tractor!