2007 JX1090U

/ 2007 JX1090U #1  

NWOutlawMX

Bronze Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 3038e, International TD8E, Kobelco SK120, 2007 Case JX1090U, 86 International Dumptruck
I've been looking around for a heavy duty tractor for awhile and came across this. It's a 2007 with 2450 hrs on it. I haven't physically looked at it yet but the pictures look like it is in excellent shape and tires look newer. Are there any issues with this model that I should be aware of and things I should specifically look for when I drive over and look at it. The add was posted by a very reputable dealer but the tractor i guess is still at the owner's place. Seems like a pretty good asking price, almost too good? Can't find any other listings to compare. Any info would be helpful. They're asking 29,500

Attachments

• 7145957_orig.jpg
    7145957_orig.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
   / 2007 JX1090U #2  
This looks like my Farmall 105U. Check operation of the three point hitch- I have four machines and three have failed. Check under the hood to see if it uses the oval cartridge style Donaldson filter. They are horrible in dirty environments and are expensive to replace. The best type is the Cylindrical canister used on the older 5200 series tractors and the newer farmall tractors have gone back to these. If you do get the tractor and it has these horrid filters on it, don't get them from your case dealer (~ $90 each). You can find them at local filter dealers by the case for around $30, a little higher for singles. The filter says on it's side "DO NOT CLEAN". you can clean them for a while with high volume low pressure air, such as a leaf blower. Don't use compressed air nozzles as they will damage the filter. Check your fuse and relay box under left side of the hood for corrosion damage, as I've seen a few with water damage due to leaks. Doesn't apply to cab models. Other than that, good tractors. Case batteries that come on them will drop flat dead all of a sudden, with no warning. I've replaced 5 while under warranty. Use a good group 31 battery and modify the mount to fit, no more problems.

/ 2007 JX1090U
I ended up going over and test driving it. Pretty clean, no leaks and everything worked so I ended up getting it. After about a week The clutch started not to engage with the pedal. Sometimes it works and other times you can completely have your foot off of it and you just sit there, then all of a sudden it engages. I definitely don't make a habit of this as something is going to break. Seems to be worse in the second range and does it with the foot pedal or the synchronized mechanical shuttle lever, not sure how this could be? It's a dry clutch so may be an adjustment issue which is the next thing to investigate, more than likely it's a pressure plate issue. I guess the money I saved on the purchase price is gone.