New member posting about CASE 1840 Skid Steer

/ New member posting about CASE 1840 Skid Steer #1  

wisesprings

Tractor
CASE 1840, 1952 FORD 8N, HUSQVARNA 2654
I am looking for shortcuts to adjusting the steering. One arm is way faster than the other so its difficult to control as one side of the machine wants to take off and the other is dragging. I kknow where the linkage is but if there is a way to save time on the learning curve it would be appreciated.

Kevin

/ New member posting about CASE 1840 Skid Steer #2  
Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
I am moving your thread to the CASE section so we can get you some help with that tractor.

/ New member posting about CASE 1840 Skid Steer
Thanks

/ New member posting about CASE 1840 Skid Steer #4  
   / New member posting about CASE 1840 Skid Steer #5  
I just took a quick overall look at the 1840 on the Case Construction parts site. Rather than being a drive problem, and being it has a manual set disc type parking brake, is there a possibility one of the brakes could not be fully releasing..?? Here is a link showing an exploded view of the parking brake assy. It only shows the right side, but says quantity of 2 for caliper & rotor, so I'm assuming brakes are on both front wheels. Official Case Construction Equipment Online Parts Store and Parts Look Up. Parts for Case Equipment and Construction Equipment. Parts Store for Case Wheel Loaders, Case Excavators, Case Skid Steers, Case Original Parts.

Being that is a cable type activator for the caliper, it could be that the cable, or mechanism is rusty, have dirt or crud in it, not letting the caliper fully release. Looks like it would be easy enough to check, by pulling the front wheel of the side dragging.

Just my 2 cents...