Tractor
    CASE 1840, 1952 FORD 8N, HUSQVARNA 2654

Default New member posting about CASE 1840 Skid Steer

I am looking for shortcuts to adjusting the steering. One arm is way faster than the other so its difficult to control as one side of the machine wants to take off and the other is dragging. I kknow where the linkage is but if there is a way to save time on the learning curve it would be appreciated.

Kevin

Default Re: New member posting about CASE 1840 Skid Steer

Hi and welcome to the forum!
    I am moving your thread to the CASE section so we can get you some help with that tractor.

Tractor
    CASE 1840, 1952 FORD 8N, HUSQVARNA 2654

Thanks

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineTBN View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum!
    I am moving your thread to the CASE section so we can get you some help with that tractor.
    Since it is not a tractor, you might want to try here, in the Construction Equipment Forum: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/c...ion-equipment/
    Hold "Ctrl" (Control) and click on a picture or a Link, to open it in a new Tab.

My Avatar, the TORO+Loader:
    Kwik-Way FEL and TORO Groundsmaster Put Together

Compact Telehandler: ​(This replaced my tractor) http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ml#post3243370

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH Farmall 656 gas/ IH 240 Utility/ 2, Super C Farmalls/ 2, Farmall A's/ Farmall BN/McCormick-Deering OS-6/McCormick-Deering O-4/ '36 Farmall F-12/ 480 Case hoe. '65 Ford 2000 3 cyl., 4 spd. w/3 spd Aux. Trans

I just took a quick overall look at the 1840 on the Case Construction parts site. Rather than being a drive problem, and being it has a manual set disc type parking brake, is there a possibility one of the brakes could not be fully releasing..?? Here is a link showing an exploded view of the parking brake assy. It only shows the right side, but says quantity of 2 for caliper & rotor, so I'm assuming brakes are on both front wheels. Official Case Construction Equipment Online Parts Store and Parts Look Up. Parts for Case Equipment and Construction Equipment. Parts Store for Case Wheel Loaders, Case Excavators, Case Skid Steers, Case Original Parts.

Being that is a cable type activator for the caliper, it could be that the cable, or mechanism is rusty, have dirt or crud in it, not letting the caliper fully release. Looks like it would be easy enough to check, by pulling the front wheel of the side dragging.

Just my 2 cents...