Case 350 dozer woes

/ Case 350 dozer woes #1  

farmdoings

Tractor
NH T2410, Case 350 dozer, MF G2310
I know that this is mostly a tractor site, but I am hoping that someone can give me some advice on my Case 350 dozer. A little background, it has set over the winter here in Texas. I went to start it and to my delight, it busted right off and ran fine. The problem came when I went to try and move it. It would not move forward or reverse. I tried all the gears and went back and forth between forward and reverse with no luck. I did notice that when I would put it in reverse that I could see the left rear sproket rotate slightly. It was only the left side and only in reverse. It was not enough to move it though. I checked the trans fluid and it was almost full. No strange noises either. I let it run for about 10 minutes so it did get warm. It was fine when I parked it. I was wondering, if I were to try and push it while in gear, maybe I could break it loose. With all of the rain in Texas over the last months, I also wonder if the chain may be rusted up to the point it won't let it turn, it did not look that bad but maybe. This site has a wealth of knowledge and I hope someone can give me a suggestion and it would be greatly appreciated.

/ Case 350 dozer woes #2  
You don't say what year it is, but does it have dry brakes..?? Just wondering if you set the parking brake, and maybe the expanders are not releasing.

I wonder if pumping the brakes would break them loose, if that was the case, then try moving.

/ Case 350 dozer woes #3  
My guess is, either the tracks are completely rusted up, OR more likely, your hydrostat pump has lost it's prime...

SR

/ Case 350 dozer woes #4  
Guess I should have looked before giving advice. I thought that 350 had disc brakes like the 450. Went to Case Construction, and see it is a completely different animal with band brakes.

/ Case 350 dozer woes
My guess is, either the tracks are completely rusted up, OR more likely, your hydrostat pump has lost it's prime...

SR

Thanks. I can oil up the tracks and maybe that will help to break up the rust. If I do that, then maybe trying to push it with it in gear might work... Is there an easy way to prime the pump or check it? Sorry for the elementary questions, but I am kinda a newbie in the dozer world. Thanks again for the response.

/ Case 350 dozer woes
Guess I should have looked before giving advice. I thought that 350 had disc brakes like the 450. Went to Case Construction, and see it is a completely different animal with band brakes.

Thanks. I have some aftermarket manuals coming, maybe some info in there. I appreciate the response.

/ Case 350 dozer woes #7  
   / Case 350 dozer woes #8  
Go over to the heavy equipment forum , alot more equipment experts over there.

/ Case 350 dozer woes
   / Case 350 dozer woes
Thanks, I have left the same message there, but not much feedback. This site has given me a little more to go on.