IH 444 ??

/ IH 444 ?? #1  

Mark_in_NH

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL
I have made referance to this in other post, and will bring it up again here.
Years ago, as a teenager, my father bought a used IH 444 for use on our small farm. I am thinking that it may have been an early 70's model.
For us, " especially me" this tractor was "The Coolest Thing"
Big, diesel engine, a Sims yellow open cab, lights etc.
I would dearly love a picture of, ANY 444's to help refresh my memories of the family tractor.
Can anybody offer any help and or pictures here ?

/ IH 444 ?? #2  
Hi. I did a Google Search of "international harvester 444 picture and came up with this link to some pictures of a very nice restore. Hope you like them. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ IH 444 ??
MossRoad,
Thanks, That link is definatley a start in the right direction. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ IH 444 ?? #4  
I have a 1970 IH444 that I have been using with a Bush Hog rotary cutter. It doesn't have power steering so it is difficult to steer in my sanding soil. I am planning to replace it with a modern tractor. I will try to get pictures when I get it unstuck from wet sand.

/ IH 444 ?? #5  
We too, have a 444. It does'nt have a cab/loader/bh or much else for that matter... just rotary cutter.

If you'd like some shots of it, I'd be MORE than happy to get some pics for you & post here or email..

Let me know, and let me know if you want specific angles.

I don't have a digital camera, so I'd either have to borrow neighbors (probably not a problem) or use my film & wait couple days for development.

I can even get you a closeup of the fuel cap if you desire!

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

(ok... poor attempt at witty humor)

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Richard

/ IH 444 ??
Richard,
My Dads 444 didn't have a loader or anything just the open (no doors, no back) yellow Sims cab. But for me, as a boy, to be able to sit on that tractor, inside that yellow cab, raking hay and pulling trailers, was pure heaven !!!
Thank you for your offer. I would love to see some pictures of your 444. When you have a chance, either post them here for all of us to enjoy or you can send them to my email.
mlamprey@aol.com

/ IH 444 ?? #7  
I have a 444 English Tractor. It has the canopy with side windows. It is a diesel. No power steering. If anyone is interested it is for sale. I need something with power steering so i can use a loader.

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ IH 444 ?? #8  
I am having trouble with the glow plug wiring. I have burnt up 4 new glow plugs because they are not wired correctly. Could you send me a photo of how they are wired? Thanks.

Frank

/ IH 444 ?? #9  
I am interested in your IH 444. Where are you located and how much do you want for it. send me information on the tractor@ iam2poor@aol.com

/ IH 444 ?? #10  
If anybody is in central Texas and interested, my 1970 IH444 is for sale. It is in fair condition, needs a through cleaning and lubrication. Primary problem is leaking injectors, could use a rebuild. Have some of the manuals. I am planning on buying a Kubota L3130 with loader soon so it may go as trade in. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif