New Farmall

/ New Farmall #1  

fluffyone

Bronze Member
Went all looked at a new Farmall today. I drove it and fell in love with it. It was a DX33. the only difference in it and last year models is the Farmall name on the grill and a decal on the Rops. The seat, plastic around controls on fenders and the guages are tan and not black. It really looks great. I think my mind is made up. Now i am getting the jitters. But boy i really like this set up

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New Farmall
Got so excited I can type or spell. I should have said I went over and looked at the Farmall. Must be sometimers.

/ New Farmall #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Got so excited I can type or spell.)</font>

I think you're still excited. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The local Case/Cub Cadet dealer here, had a new Farmall sittin on the lot. Being it caught me off guard, I didn't get a real good look at it. I think it was the DX33. It had a FEL and R4s. It looked like a VERY nice unit! I seen it on Saturday, and on the return trip home it wasn't sittin out, so they must have put it away or it sold REALLY fast! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I hope you make up your mind. When you do, make sure you post some pictures! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New Farmall
OK lets see if I can calm down now. I think I have two much information. I have numbers on weight, hyl flow, lift cap and many more running though my head. I wonder if any of this will matter when I get the tractor home? Can any one tell me about the hydro pump or pumps on the DX 33. Does it matter? One brand says yes another no? I am like Vinnie on Welcome Back Kotter (telling off on my age) I am so confused. I love the red tractor, really like the dealer, the only drawback the dealer is 60 miles away. And I know this is crazy but I like the red better than the blue, and they are the same tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ New Farmall #5  
I saw the DX33 Farmall this past weekend at the New York State Farm show and absolutely fell in love all over again. In a fit of heat, I went and test drove the tractor today at my local dealer.

The looks and ergonomics of this tractor is beautiful. I love the look and feel of the tractor and loader with that sloping hood, and visibilty of the front loader bucket.

Unfortunately, the love affair stopped upon testing the tractor. I thought the hydraulics were not smooth, the loader joystick was sticking, and the tractor was very jerky.

I currently own 5 Kubota tractors, but could not resist the look and feel of this tractor in the showroom. However, after the test drive, I again realize how well built and smooth the Kubota tractors are. However, I do wish my Kubota's looked liked that farmall.

Another thing to consider, that beautifully shaped and painted hood of the DX series will not last long. Upon lifting some snow with the loader, a bunch of it fell on top of the hood. The hood is not very well protected and probably will be broken in less than 50 hours.

Jon
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ New Farmall
That is strange, my friend just bought a L3130 and I thought the hydro was sluggish on it. And the DX was great, it responded fast and smooth. Not sure about the hood, but the L3130 does not have any protection either. I dont see the difference.

Thanks
DC /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ New Farmall #7  
So, fluffyone, did you ever decide on the DX33?

/ New Farmall
I am so close it is scaring me. And like the dealer said, once it comes down my drive way I will not worry about all the facts and figures I have in my head. I think the hard part is deciding which one to buy. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ New Farmall #9  
I got a better look at the Farmall I saw last week. It is a DX33 with FEL and R4s. It seemed smaller than I thought it was. But then again, what I think and what it actually is, is two WAY different things! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It did look like a very nice machine sttin' there all nice and shiny! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ New Farmall #10  
We had a tractor with a metal hood and my son dropped a piece of firewood out of the bucket and dented it. $300 later it was fixed. The fibreglass reinforced plastic hoods will take a pretty good whack and not dent and never rust at the seams or if it gets scratched. Most compact tractors offer grille guards which helps prevent front damage from trees/dump trucks and other non-compressable objects.

I had a chance to run a Farmall DX33 and am curious what you meant by the hydraulics not being smooth. Was it too fast, not controllable, or difficult to feather? The dealer adjusted the loader joystick so it was right where it should be when I went to use it.