Farmall DX29 versus kubota B7800HSD

/ Farmall DX29 versus kubota B7800HSD #1  

gene1339

I just put a downpayment on a DX29 and the dealer called 2 hours later and said he can't get one till July or August. So he offered me a Kubota B7800HSD loaded the same way for $1,ooo.oo less.Does this sound like a good deal? or am I being taken?

/ Farmall DX29 versus kubota B7800HSD #2  
Of course we don't know what the price was on the DX29, so it would be hard to say for sure, but no, I don't think you're being taken at all; that Kubota is a fine little tractor. However, I think before you decide you should go try that Kubota because the ergonomics are considerably different in my opinion. I like the B7800, but don't know whether it would "feel" right to you.

/ Farmall DX29 versus kubota B7800HSD
The price was $17,800 for the DX29 with loader,60" back blade,60"bushhog and tooth bar. all are hydro trans. So the Kubota was $1,000.00 less. @ $16,800

/ Farmall DX29 versus kubota B7800HSD #4  
July or August seems like an awfully long time to find a tractor. Your dealer should be able to locate one at another dealer and get you on your way. Unless the 29's are that hard to find, there are several 33's around this area.

/ Farmall DX29 versus kubota B7800HSD #5  
Don't know about the DX29, but the dealer here has a DX33. I would have to agree that the dealer should be able to get the DX29 easier than that. Are they just that popular or does he just want to get rid of a B7800 that has been there a little too long? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Farmall DX29 versus kubota B7800HSD #6  
Go for a dx33 same tractor just a few more HP should only cost you 3-400.00 more but well worth the money for the extra horse power. If your red dealer cant get you a 29 like you would like go see a blue dealer they have lots of 29's and 33's same tractor just a different color. Good luck and enjoy your new tractor.

/ Farmall DX29 versus kubota B7800HSD #7  
I've had three Kubotas and just got a DX33 a few months ago. Both are excellent tractors, however a B series Kubota does not compare with the DX 25,29,33 models. You would have to look at the Grande L series from Kubota to make a comparison. The DX is a larger frame tractor than the B. The reason I switched to Case is I have a bulged disc and pinched nerve in my back. The seat on the Case fit me better and had more support than any seat I tried on Kubota. Either brand will run you well. The Kubotas I had seemed darn near indestructable. The Case looks like it will be on the same order. My Case dealer is having trouble getting new models also. If you can find a Case,it will be cheaper to buy than the new Farmalls. Same tractor, go figure.

/ Farmall DX29 versus kubota B7800HSD #9  
It was my understanding that New Holland was stopping production on the 29 series. Now I don't know if that goes with the Case/Farmall series but I would think it would. Maybe he just can't get one and is trying to sway you. One other person stated the B series was not in the same class as the DX series. I would test drive it to make sure. If there is no comparison I would search out the 33DX. And one other poster is right, there is other dealers he can get them from.

murph

/ Farmall DX29 versus kubota B7800HSD #10  
I don't know why they would stop the DX29. It is listed on their site as part of the lineup for the new Farmalls.