Oil & Fuel 1194 1984 Case

/ 1194 1984 Case #1  

chetm

Tractor
1194 CASE/DAVID BROWN
Hello, Thanks for any help I might get in advance.

My tractor just runs to a halt, hard start afterwords and runs to a halt again, Changed filters, bleed lines, have fuel coming back to tank. Not sure where to turn at this point.

/ 1194 1984 Case #2  
I have a 1494 87 model. I had a problem like that. I have no idea if the engines are made alike BUT on mine the fuel pump (not injector pump) has a rod on the inside of it between the pump and the cam lobe it operates on.That rod had worn down and was shorter than full length. I had no idea it had a rod there.
It ran good and would drop RPM and either pick back up or die and hard to restart. When we went to dealer to buy a new pump he ask if we wanted the rod also, when we got home we put the rods side by side and the old one was worn down a lot. That fixed it, thanks to a good parts guy. Hope this helps ya.

/ 1194 1984 Case
Hey thanks for that reply. I replaced the fuel pump last winter. It just seemed like a normal old type mech pump. Has the lever that rest on the cam lobe that pumps it. and a similar type lever on the outside to prime it with. Don't remember a rod, but that may be the lever that I mentioned just a different description? So a horse apiece. Oh mines a 1984 by the way.

Came down to the line from the tank is getting plugged by something inside the tank at that outlet. Pull the line rod the outlet out and it picks right back up.
So need to pull the tank and clean it. When it does it the return line flow drops down to practically nothing.

Hey have a safe winter up their, lived on Lake Dubay for about 10 years , lots of snow. Sorry old eyes thought your handle said WI this morning then saw the MS

Thanks

/ 1194 1984 Case #4  
Just now checking back in. Glad you got it fix. Guess what I have a kubota M-4050 yhat does the same thing for several years now. I tke the hose off and blow air back into tank to get whatever it is out of outlet and go on. It will go a long time between episodes. Good luck to ya.