Loader 89 case ih 585

/ 89 case ih 585 #1  

Jwied55

Tractor
Case ih 585
We have a low hour case 585 that we have had since new. The only thing we do with it is brush hog and moving stuff around with the bucket. The bucket hydraulics got so you needed to keep the revs up to get the bucket to move. It finally gave out and none of the bucket functions work. We changed the filter, checked the mcv spool which we found a small piece of an o ring under. It slides up and down but does not come out. We also pulled the pressure relief valve and that looks fine. The power steering and three point work. There is a leak in the valve stack under the seat. It has always leaked from new, it went to the dealer for repair when new and we have changed the o rings over the years. So my question is what is the best way to find the pressure/flow problem to the bucket circuit? And could the problem be in that stack? Or should I be checking the bucket joystick?

/ 89 case ih 585 #2  
It slides up and down but does not come out. .......Must come out to have full operation and slides freely !

/ 89 case ih 585 #3  
Check the relief valve on the loader valve,could be dumping oil .

/ 89 case ih 585
It slides up and down but does not come out. .......Must come out to have full operation and slides freely !

Actually it feels like suction keeps it at the top. When it's not stuck at the top it floats nicely no slop. But it does not seem to want to pass where the threads to the plug start. Any ideas how to get it completely out? About the only thing I can get it with is my pinkie. I did leave the spring out and powered up the tractor and it came down but not past the plug.

/ 89 case ih 585 #5  
Remove plug and spring ..........put a large container under it ......start and rev-up the engine till it pops out ! Then polish spool till its a loose fit .