384 International Clutch Adjustment

/ 384 International Clutch Adjustment #1  

BobbyCarmon

Tractor
TO30 and 384 International
I have a 1982 International 384 tractor that the PTO will not engage with my brush hog attached to it. It has a single speed, constant running clutch. It engage fine without the brush hog. Someone told me that the clutch need to be adjusted. Do anyone how to adjust the clutch on this model tractor? Any help would be welcome.
Thanks for your help.
Bobby

/ 384 International Clutch Adjustment #2  
Hello Bobby,
The IT manual I have indicates that for the IH 384 equipped with an eleven inch single plate clutch the distance between the bottom of the clutch pedal and the foot plate should be seven inches and the pedal free travel should be one and seven eights of an inch. The first adjustment is made by the adjusting screw located not too far from the middle of the pedal and the second adjustment by loosening the retaining bolts found at the front end of the pedal. The figures for the optional dual plate clutch are different. I hope this helps.

/ 384 International Clutch Adjustment #3  
My understanding is all 384's had a two stage clutch for live PTO. You have the clutch pushed all the way to the floor when engaging the PTO?