Case IH 495

/ Case IH 495 #1  
Tractor
Long 360, John Deere 3005, Farmall Cub, Case IH495, Fordson Power Major
Hello there Case IH guys. I just recently acquired a Case IH 495 and I'm trying to find out any information regarding this tractor. What's good about it? What are some strengths and what are some weak points? Anything in particular I need to look for or pay attention to? Thank you guys for the assistance.

/ Case IH 495 #2  
Bigbody but small engine tractor...do not overdo FEL work...replace hydraulic filter with every service and check for fillings in gearboxoil and filter.
Brakemastersilinders work with hydraulicoil and not brakefluide...use geniune parts to overhaul

/ Case IH 495 #3  
We've had one since new in 92. 2wd 8F 4R with a 2200 loader. Does everything asked of it, was main tractor on the farm up until this year. Pic in my avatar.

They are a very nice heavy tractor for the size absolutely no garbage on them. My opinion is it is the nicest 40 PTO HP utility class tractor made. Compare it to a brand new one the same power and weight and you'll be picking the 495.

Weakness? parking brake, can get ruined it left on and then driven. Ours suffered that.

Ours has several thousand hours on it, 3rd clutch (loader work) 2nd set of tires, invested in an engine rebuild and injector pump rebuild to keep it going from many years to come.