Case 2150 orchard

/ Case 2150 orchard #1  

Clark66

Tractor
Ford9n
Looking at a case 2150 for sale. Has a deutz diesel motor. Does anyone have any opinions on the reliability or problems these tractors may have so I can look out for them?- Thank you

/ Case 2150 orchard #2  
I used to know about it a number of years ago but can't remember the details. I don't believe it was made by Case but by someone else for them. if I recall that info correctly, look up the equivalent tractor model and see what people thought of that. My impression was that it was a good model but didn't hold it price as well as I thought it should.

/ Case 2150 orchard #3  
Look on r-side of engine ...engine numbre starts with 1000A ...? ...Aircooled......Cararo backend ?....Gearlevers on side of seat ?

/ Case 2150 orchard
Yes, it's air cooled, and has gear selector on side of seat. Not sure about the serial # Carraro rear I'm not familiar with but I have since heard that these may have been made in Italy or exported to Italy?
Seems well built. Was wondering about how the transmissions are and parts availability.

/ Case 2150 orchard #5  
Then it has a SLH DEUTZ-FAHR Engine in it with a MITA hydraulic cover and a Cararo back-end with a Cararo 404 axle infront. Tomorrow I am going to temove a gearbox from one .....its stuck in reverse and they can not get it out off reverse . I will firstly remove the shiftcover to inspect it to see iff a grupscrew came loose ?

/ Case 2150 orchard #6  
I'm thinking it's an Italian SAME tractor.
SAME is a brand.

/ Case 2150 orchard #7  
In my 2140 the f/r link going into the box had slop in it and the f/r sincro s lining material came loose. The needle bearing in the reverse gear broke allso. Nou for the repairs .

/ Case 2150 orchard #10  
The needlebearing inside the reversegear packed up ..replaced it with a fosphorbronze bush is the answer . That gear is the first one ...propshaft as you remove the shiftcover .