My wife painted my tractor with a BRUSH now what

/ My wife painted my tractor with a BRUSH now what #1  

aircommuter

Platinum Member
Tractor
case 570lxt, JCB 1550B, Gradall 534c, Hyster C612B,Ford 445A
I bought this machine new in 1986, after I retired I kept it for projects around my new property. Then after a while I decided it was sitting too much so I serviced it, put on new teeth, upholstery, and more. My wife helped by sanding and painting. The whole thing by herself.

Attachments

• 855d4.jpg
    855d4.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 571
  • 855d3.JPG
    855d3.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 505
  • 855d 10.jpg
    855d 10.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 535
  • 855d1.JPG
    855d1.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 764
  • 855d.JPG
    855d.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 719
  • 855d5.JPG
    855d5.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 862
  • 855d9.JPG
    855d9.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,021
   / My wife painted my tractor with a BRUSH now what #2  
I would definitely take her out for dinner wherever she wanted to go. Nice looking machine.

/ My wife painted my tractor with a BRUSH now what #3  
If I was 50 years younger, I'd ask if your wife had a sister. The tractor looks fantastic!

/ My wife painted my tractor with a BRUSH now what #4  
So now its really a "brush hog". What I like in brush painting is that there is a good thick coat of paint everywhere that counts, unlike all forms of spray, overspray, underspray and orange peel (in this case, lemon peel).

Now paint her car....

/ My wife painted my tractor with a BRUSH now what
I have restoration project on the New Holland/Ford forum, it is called Ford 445a restoration,and a lot more stuff over on Garage Journal under my same screename under albums.
She was 64 when she did it. This is the painter.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    634.2 KB · Views: 639
   / My wife painted my tractor with a BRUSH now what #6  
Does she paint barns? I need help with that. :D

/ My wife painted my tractor with a BRUSH now what
I had to paint the most recent one myself. She did help with masking and sanding though.

/ My wife painted my tractor with a BRUSH now what #8  
Well a whole while back I bought a 'doser that needed service B4 I took delivery.
Part of the deal was that they steam clean it for me.
As soon as I got it home the first thing I did was a complete 'paint brush' overhaul LOL.
4 years later when I went to sell it with the 4 years of accumulated dirt you could not see any brush strokes and I was able to sell it for the exact same price that I had paid for it, and that after all my chores plus having earned 2-3 times my purchase price.

All that to say that first impressions are very important, mind U it was in very good mechanical condition as well.
The buyer was a commercial excavator operator as well. In his hands working it fairly hard, he made it last another 4 years.

/ My wife painted my tractor with a BRUSH now what #9  
Wow... very very nice. That is a lot of prep and paint work! You are in debt, buster!

/ My wife painted my tractor with a BRUSH now what #10  
Wow, your lady has some skills.. She did a great job.:thumbsup: