HELP>>CASE 530 CK Carb Problems

/ HELP>>CASE 530 CK Carb Problems #1  

SuperA

Bronze Member
Tractor
FORD 4110 LCG , International 300 Utility, Farmall Super A, Farmall Cub
Working on a Neighbors old 1960's CASE 530 CK with Backhoe, No Fuel Getting to the Plugs. Can someone give me some tips about troubleshooting and adjustment on these Carbs, I'm not sure what's what as far as adjustments. Will NOT start even with Either HAS SPARK to all PLUGS, Plugs are DRY.. I'm thinking the Float shut off is stuck?? Any suggestions at all greatly appreciated. Don't want to remove it and rip it all apart unless nothing else works.
Thanks, DanO'

/ HELP>>CASE 530 CK Carb Problems #2  
If it won't even fire on ether, it may not be the carb. But, do check for flow of fuel to the carb. If you have a stream of fuel there, remove the plug from the bottom of the carb., and catch it in a pan/can. See if you have a trickle beyond what the bowl would hold. Also look to see if sediment/rust came out of the bowl If you still have fuel flow, I'd guess the cross drilled holes in the discharge nozzle are plugged. To remove it, back the main jet assy. out, then remove the discharge nozzle. This may take a narrow blade, flat screwdriver to remove.

Look closely for the tiny cross drilled holes. Hold it up to the light, and see if you can see through them. If not, a single wire plucked from a wire brush, or strand of wire from automotive type wire make a good cleaner. Clean and spray with carb. cleaner, blow it out, and check to see if you can see through them again.

The 530 used two different carbs., but both Zenith, and pretty easy to work on. Remove 4 screws, and all the goodies you need to look for and check are in your hand.

Here is an exploded view of one of the carbs used, from the Case Construction site. Official Case Construction Equipment Online Parts Store and Parts Look Up. Parts for Case Equipment and Construction Equipment. Parts Store for Case Wheel Loaders, Case Excavators, Case Skid Steers, Case Original Parts.

Just watch when you drop the bowl, not to damage the gasket, or change the adjustment on the float. It should pretty much drop straight down. It'll probably take a couple bumps with the heel of your hand, or bump it with a small rubber mallet to break it loose, and it will drop right off. 99% of the time, the gasket will release without damage, and seal right back up with no problem.