3-Point Hitch Maximum mower weight for IH 444 (1969)

/ Maximum mower weight for IH 444 (1969) #1  

Preston00

Tractor
International Harvester 444
I am interested in getting a new bush hog to use with my 1969 International Harvester 444. Does anyone know what maximum weight bush hog I should get that won't cause the front end to come off the ground? I do not have a front-end loader or any weights. My tractor weighs about 3800 pounds according to TractorData. I know I need a 5 footer, but I need to know whether or not it will handle a medium duty bush hog over 900 pounds without lifting the front end. I am currently looking at the Woods BB600X at 1068 pounds, and the Bush Hog BH25 at 906 pounds. The Bush Hog BH25 is the lightest medium duty I could find in a popular brand name. I have also looked at a Kodiak MD 5, which is 655 pounds and much cheaper -- however Kodiak's medium duty bush hogs seem to match the specs of the popular name brand's standard duty bush hogs. If I have to step down to standard duty due to weight I am considering the Woods BB60X and the Bush Hog BH15 2, which are between 600 and 700 pounds. Also, any thoughts on the Kodiak medium duty in comparison to these?
Thanks!