Mowing Looking For Sub Compact w/ Front end load + mower

/ Looking For Sub Compact w/ Front end load + mower #1  

CaseCountry

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Hello from Racine Wisconsin Case Country
My father is in the market for a new tractor- He cuurently owns a graveyard of simplicity's he has said he would like to stick with them, only because he knows how to fix them.

I would like to purchase him something with a little more power!

These are things we need

-small enough to mow lawn
- front end loader
- needs to be set to add any and many implements
log splitter, post hole digger etc in future

I was looking at the Case DX models and I am interested in purchasing a tractor that is made in the US however that seems very hard to do! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

My father worked at Case since he was 17 years old. Now retired - My mother went to home depot and after hearing she was going to buy the larger John Deer there I knew intervension on this matter was needed. My father would fall over from a heart attack if something green pulled into his yard.

Please send help /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I would like to get one very soon as his last tractor that is running - deck is now falling apart! We need to cut the grass as it is getting very deep in Racine County!

/ Looking For Sub Compact w/ Front end load + mower #2  
In today's day and age I don't think any SCUT or CUT it made entirely in the US. It may be assembled here in the States, but the parts are most likely brought in from other countries. The Case DXxxE models are the SCUTs. They can have a FEL and MMM. They've got 18 and 24 hp engines. I'll provide a link:

Case DX Series Farmalls

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was looking at the Case DX models and I am interested in purchasing a tractor that is made in the US however that seems very hard to do! )</font>

If you want something made entirely in the US, there is the PowerTrac line of equipment. They are more like articulating wheel loaders that can utilitze a wide range of implements. The thing about PowerTrac is, is they don't have any dealers. You buy direct from the factory. They are made in Tazewell, VA. I was going to post a link but it looks like the website is down.

Edit:

I'll provide a link to the site anyway. It may come back online shortly.

PowerTrac Equipment

/ Looking For Sub Compact w/ Front end load + mower #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I am interested in purchasing a tractor that is made in the US however that seems very hard to do! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif )</font>

In addition to Power Trac, consider INGERSOL tractors, STEINER tractors and VENTRAC tractors.

I know Ventrac is American OWNED and made in OHIO from parts made in America, with the exception of some of their engines. I think Ingersol is made here, it is owned by a multi-national group but I don't think it is American owned. Steiner was formerly owned by an American family, they sold it to foreigners, who sold it back to a large multi-national company that I believe is based in America.

Ventrac & Steiner tractors are built like TANKS and mostly used by commercial operations but both have dealers in Wisconsin that will be able to take care of your needs. Don't know much about Ingersoll other than they are well made.

Ventrac Tractors

Steiner Turf Tractors

Ingersoll Tractors

/ Looking For Sub Compact w/ Front end load + mower #4  
These used to be billed as American Made, but I see that is no longer the case. Last time I saw one, it had a lot of import parts like all CUTs

Allied Tractors

/ Looking For Sub Compact w/ Front end load + mower #5  
It sounds like what you're after is a sub compact. The advantage of the subCUT over the bigger Garden tractors is that the subCUTs are designed for quick mount/dismount of the FEL and have a (limited) cat 1 3pt hitch.

The smallest of the subCUTs is the Kubota BX1500, with a wheelbase of about 55 inches. If the size is a serious issue, it's the BX 1500 or a big garden tractor.

The next size up, at a 57" wheelbase, gives you an option from most of the names you might have heard of.

Kubota BX 1830 and 2230
John Deere 2210
Hew Holland TZxx line
Case DXxxE line
Massey 2300

Then there are the "almost" subCUTs (my current working definition of the 'almost' is that if the 3 pt hitch and/or rear PTO is optional, it's an 'almost') that would include the Simplicity Legacy XL and the JD X series.

Going a bit larger gives you a wider range of options, but the subs will give you a lower center of gravity.

I also agree with Bob, rent the backhoe when you need it, you'll likely get a much better value that way.