Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion"

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #1  

Spencerbackus

Tractor
1964 ford 2000
Case 580 backhoe to three point
I have a 580 ck backhoe looking to be able to convert to a three point looking for some knowledge on this and if it's possible I believe it is just not sure on where to begin

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #2  
Does it have places to mount 3pt linkage if the BH is removed? What about the internal hydraulic system to operate the external parts of the 3pt? Do you have access to a comparable tractor with 3pt to compare?

Bruce

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #3  
I've saw em with 3pt. But I can't verify if every model comes with the 3pt lift mechanism minus the arms.

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #4  
Another direction: I would rather buy another old tractor with 3pt than give up a backhoe and the cost to convert.

Your situation may be different.

Bruce

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion"
I do not have one to compare to I don't want to give the. Backhoe up but I was thinking being able to swap back and forth I kno that wouldn't be the easiest but I don't like that it sits for a while just when I need the hoe this would give more use I hope it might be a big head ache to swap thought as far as the hydrolics from what I have researched you have to hook the two main hose that run the hoe to a valve body that would give you remotes in the back I know you can hook them to their selfs and run the tractor with out the hoe it has a cover plate over the back of the axle where the pto should be but I haven't taken it off yet to see how to put one one or adapt it

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #6  
That would be pretty cool. You could use the backhoe controls for top n tilt on the 3 point.

I know my model JCB 212 comes in both configurations and I certainly think it is doable but will require some fabrication of a 3 point hitch as well as adding hydraulic disconnects. My 3 point has an external cylinder for lift as well as factory top n tilt. The external cylinder might be easier to do plus you can get down pressure that way. Essentially the while 3 point just pins to teh tractor like a backhoe would. You will be amazed at how useful your heavy tractor is doing dirt work with 3 point attachments.

IMG_1723.jpg

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #7  
case-570lxt-tractor-loader-for-sale-rear.JPG

Or, you to make this a simple project you could make a 3 point hitch that attached to the bucket or pinned to the boom in place of the bucket. Use the backhoe controls for height adjustment (main boom) as well as angle adjustment (curl).

Heck just buy a cat 2 quick hitch and bolt it to the bucket. That would be so simple and cheap.

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #8  
Case did offer a loader/3pt. version. It was the first time I'd ever seen a "factory" top n tilt 3 pt hitch. It was a dedicated 3 pt. Your 580's hoe and stabilizers are a pretty big "integral" part of the machine and I don't see being able to remove it in under a half day of wrenching minimum.
Find a cheap tractor.

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #9  
Case did offer a loader/3pt. version. It was the first time I'd ever seen a "factory" top n tilt 3 pt hitch. It was a dedicated 3 pt. Your 580's hoe and stabilizers are a pretty big "integral" part of the machine and I don't see being able to remove it in under a half day of wrenching minimum.
Find a cheap tractor.

Yeah, that would be my concern as well.

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #10  
Actually, swapping takes about 1-2 hours the FIRST time you do it, then about 1/2 hour once you figger out how NOT to do it :confused:

This is the hitch you need, already has TnT/lift/aux controls built in - lift does NOT have position control, just a standard spool with float and power DOWN as well as up. Works VERY well with a 7' Gannon box and hyd. rippers.

Before I swapped mine the SECOND time, I had a pair of 6' hoses made up with the big QD's on ends - that way you can "exercise" the hoe into position once you've backed up close enough to it. Those hoses ALSO let you keep crap out of the lines for whichever implement is OFF the tractor, or BOTH of 'em if neither one is attached.

It'll only take ONCE for you to figure out NOT to pick up a full load of gravel WITHOUT something heavy on the rear... :rolleyes:

Near as I could tell from my measurements, adding a PTO from standard parts will NOT leave anough clearance to re-install the hoe, so I did as mentioned earlier and bought another tractor for that... Steve

Attachments

• Case3phAttach.JPG
    Case3phAttach.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,795