Case IH JX 100U

/ Case IH JX 100U #1  

Glocker

Bronze Member
Tractor
ih / Mahindra 5010 cab gear
Greetings Case folks, my neighbor has a Case IH JX 100U. The other day he drove up to his forks to mount them he got out leaving the motor running. The tractor shut off by itself and now will not start , not turning over and no click at the starter .the battery appears fine and has 12 volts. Even with jumper cables hooked up from my tractor he gets no click but a battery light appears om the instrument panel. Anyone that can guide us would be much appreciated.

/ Case IH JX 100U
His machine is a 2003

/ Case IH JX 100U #3  
Sounds like a safety switch, either in the seat or the seatbelt..
you can also try wiggle the shifter around while holding the key in the cranking position..

/ Case IH JX 100U
Sounds like a safety switch, either in the seat or the seatbelt..
you can also try wiggle the shifter around while holding the key in the cranking position..

Thanks for the response , i texted my neighbor with the info. Ill let you know....

/ Case IH JX 100U #5  
There are safety switches for the gear shifters (High-Low, gear and shuttle) and for the PTO too.

/ Case IH JX 100U
So far no success ,no one has ever had this problem ?

/ Case IH JX 100U #7  
If your not sure whether its an electrical or mechanical problem.. just MAKE SURE its in neutral w/ the P brake engaged
and jump it at the starter.. you can see a generic utube video on the procedure.
If the starter engages & it turns over, you know its electrical.
Most safety switches can be bypassed by either unplugging them or running a paper clip between the connection to itself.
This ISNT A FIX, just a diagnostic tool.

/ Case IH JX 100U
If your not sure whether its an electrical or mechanical problem.. just MAKE SURE its in neutral w/ the P brake engaged
and jump it at the starter.. you can see a generic utube video on the procedure.
If the starter engages & it turns over, you know its electrical.
Most safety switches can be bypassed by either unplugging them or running a paper clip between the connection to itself.
This ISNT A FIX, just a diagnostic tool.

Thanks for the response , ill pass it on !

/ Case IH JX 100U
Just heard from my neighbor, loose wires in the ignition ! he is very happy . Thanks to all that chimed in !