International baler......parts???

/ International baler......parts??? #1  

kentuckydiesel

Silver Member
A friend at work has an old '70s model IH baler that has been sitting outside for quite a while. He said he would probably give it to me. Will I be able to find parts? What kind of rep. did international balers have? He said the knotters were worn out when he parked the baler, is that gonna be expensive? Will it be hard to revive one that has been sitting for years in the KY. weather?? Thanks, Phillip

/ International baler......parts??? #2  
I run an old IH 430. Great baler,will out bale the neighbor's Deeres,NH,MF balers. Only parts I've ever needed were pick-up tines. I do wish it had the wider pick-up though.

/ International baler......parts??? #3  
Knotter parts would not be a problem. The original IH knotter was made by New Holland.

/ International baler......parts???
What does price look like on knotters? thanks, Phillip

/ International baler......parts??? #5  
I have a 435-T Case IH bailer. I need parts. Got any ideas?

/ International baler......parts??? #6  
Case IH still shows parts available on their parts web site.

Here is the link ( I hope it works) https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php

Type in your model number ( use only 435) at the top left, and the baler I do believe was at the top of the list. Click on it, and it will display the baler in sections. Choose a section, and find your parts...

/ International baler......parts??? #7  
Knotter parts would not be a problem. The original IH knotter was made by New Holland.
There are the McCormick knotters which IH often used and the Deering knotters which were used by everyone else.

If you can't get parts from a dealer or a salvage machine you may be out of luck. These IH balers are getting at least 25 years old anyway.

/ International baler......parts??? #8  
Hi all
I just bought a IH 420 sq baler and need to find one or maybe two arm feeders. The feeders that feed the hay into the chamber..

/ International baler......parts??? #9  

The original knotter is actually the Deering knotter! Yes deere,new holland and massy ferguson all used the original IH knotter design!

Parts are available for both style knotters used by IH the deering and the all twine!

My parts people tell me the parts are available.

/ International baler......parts??? #10  
If anyone has an old IH baler and thrower kicking around I'm looking for the manual speed control and the "arm" that holds the hydro lines on the draw bar on the 3 knuckle "long pto shaft" models of the 430,435,440 series. I got a good deal on a 435 that's baling well, I just don't want to wire up the electric kicker speed control and be stuck baling with just one tractor.