International H 724 PTO speed

/ International H 724 PTO speed #1  

vanoss

Tractor
International Harvester 724
Hi,
I have buy recently an International Harvester 724. As i seen in Tractor Data description it has 540 & 1000 rpm at PTO. The question is how can i change the speed at PTO because i didn't seen a lever with this function (only the actionaiting lever from the right side of the seat)....
Is there something else to change the PTO speed?

/ International H 724 PTO speed #2  
I understood those German IHs had two PTO shafts, 6 spline 540 and 21 spline 1000, both stayed on the tractor and both turned when you put the PTO in gear.

/ International H 724 PTO speed
Meanwhile i found this information too, but mine has only one PTO shaft (540 rpm) - 20171217_171609.jpg.
And here is the model with 2 PTO's - img1.jpg
I search now for a diagram of PTO to see what is need to put second shaft (instead of that blind plug marked with yellow circle). I searched on the online official spare parts CASE IH ( Official Case IH Online Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Best Parts Search and Best Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts ) but i didn'nt found the diagram with PTO..

/ International H 724 PTO speed #4  
Good luck, you are probably best off getting a parts tractor with both shafts. Those tractors are old enough I doubt parts could be had from CaseIH anyways.