Case Farmall 55 CVT

/ Case Farmall 55 CVT #1  

vlcakc

Silver Member
Tractor
Case Farmall 55 CVT Cab W Loader
New Farmall 55 CVT with EA Grapple and Land Pride flail mower. I've mowed about 10 acres so far and just got the grapple mounted yesterday. Also have a Land Pride grading scraper for driveway maintenance.

DSC_0037.jpg

Vic

/ Case Farmall 55 CVT #2  
Nice looking setup you have there , How many hours on the tractor ?

/ Case Farmall 55 CVT
Nice looking setup you have there , How many hours on the tractor ?

Don't know offhand. I'll have to check the hour meter. Probably less than 10 hours, since I've only had the tractor about 3 weeks. Vic

/ Case Farmall 55 CVT #4  
Very nice looking Case IH!

How do you like the CVT?

Can you get a mid-mounted mower for that model?

/ Case Farmall 55 CVT
Very nice looking Case IH!
Thanks!

How do you like the CVT?
There is a relearning process going on now. The NH tractor I had previously had a two pedal HST. I still sometimes pivot my foot to reverse directions, but I'm getting better with each use. The CVT itself works great.

Can you get a mid-mounted mower for that model?
I believe so. I didn't ask the dealer since I wasn't interested in one. A mid-mount mower would be redundant. The flail mower serves as a rough and finish mower both. The tractor does have a mid PTO as standard equipment. Check the CIH website. Vic

Last edited:
   / Case Farmall 55 CVT #6  
I'm curious how you like the 55 CVT now that you've had it for a few months?

/ Case Farmall 55 CVT
I'm curious how you like the 55 CVT now that you've had it for a few months?

Haven't been able to use it as much as I'd hoped due to family health issues. I've mowed about 15 acres with the flail and used the grapple to clear some brush. The column mounted reversing lever is still not as intuitive as the two pedal HST on the old NH TC-45D, but I'm getting more used to it. Definitely uses more fuel than the NH, but that's to be expected with a more powerful emissions equipped engine. I was a bit concerned that the air conditioning system would be able to cool the cab in the hot Oklahoma summers with all the glass exposure, but it works well. I've located a post/tree puller in the local area and hope to use it this Fall to do some pasture clearing. All in all I'm very pleased with the tractor. Vic